News | Republican Party | Richard Mourdock | Tina Fey | Todd Akin

BigGayDeal.com

Tina Fey Rips Todd Akin, 'Grey Faced Men with $2 Haircuts' Telling Women What Rape Is: VIDEO

Fey

Tina Fey blasted Rep. Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, and Republicans like them at the Center for Reproductive Rights Inaugural Gala, Think Progress reports:

“I wish we could have an honest and respectful dialogue about these complicated issues, but it seems like we can’t, right now. And if I have to listen to one more grey-faced man with a two dollar haircut explain to me what rape is, I'm gonna lose my mind. I watch these guys, and I'm like, 'What is happening? Am I a secretary on Mad Men?'"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news on Todd Akin:

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) — who came under fire after asserting that “legitimate rapes” don’t often result in pregnancy — was arrested multiple times in the 1980s for protesting outside of abortion clinics in St. Louis. Between 1985 and 1987, Akin worked with other anti-choice activists to physically block women’s access to reproductive health clinics in the city, during what RH Reality Check describes as a “hotbed of anti-choice violence and harassment” in St. Louis. At that time, Akin went by his given first name, William, rather than the middle name he currently uses.

Comments

1. Tina is probably the smartest female celebrity out there, she needs to speak out more on these incredibly important issues.

Love her.

Posted by: CHAD | Oct 26, 2012 8:16:26 AM

2. If Todd Akin was anally raped, would he believe all that "santorum" was also a 'GIFT FROM GOD"!?! How long are we supposed to put up with all these obviously mentally ill douché-bags being and trying to be in positions of power and authority!?!

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | Oct 26, 2012 8:16:36 AM

3. Tina Fey is brilliant and admirable. One only needs to look across the aisle at the example of Patricia Heaton who will take her "Middle" talents home to "certain" parts of Cleveland to stump for Willard and Lyin' Ryan this week. One uses her brain; the other reads lines written for her.

Posted by: nick | Oct 26, 2012 8:24:54 AM

4. Isn't following "respectful" with a deliberate insult sort of saying "Well, I sure respect your opinion because I respect all women, but you are one dumb vagina!" ?

And yeah, I like Tina. But you sabotaged your own point.

Posted by: MarkUs | Oct 26, 2012 8:27:36 AM

5. Well, does Tina Fey believe that a woman has the right to abort a baby if it contains a gay gene? Does she? Does she? Answer the question, Tina.

Posted by: jason | Oct 26, 2012 8:55:01 AM

6. Who is this troll Jason? Ugh.

Posted by: Gabe | Oct 26, 2012 9:03:31 AM

7. Actually, Jason, we gay children of liberals don't have that concern. Our parents wouldnt' have aborted us for being gay. I understand that yours would, and are likely wishing they could make like Cher and turn back time, but don't lump the rest of us in with you.

Most gay men I know support a woman's right to choose. The only gay men I know who are against a woman's right to choose are, well, pathetic little idiots who frankly deserve every bit of the anti-gay discrimination they face in life. Because they have the courage and integrity of a bowl of mashed potatoes.

:-)

*elegant curtsy*

ROCK ON TINA!

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 26, 2012 9:06:38 AM

8. Little Kiwi,

Your post is yawn-worthy. I almost fell asleep at the keyboard while reading it. Please provide a stimulant pill with your posts in future. It might help to keep the reader awake.

Posted by: jason | Oct 26, 2012 9:17:19 AM

9. Good job Tina!

Posted by: andrew | Oct 26, 2012 9:40:24 AM

10. What conservatives seem to be missing is that they are telling 50% of the population that some ignorant, male politician has more rights over a woman's body than the woman herself. The right is using this as a wedge issue and fund raiser instead of creating programs that will help young women avoid unwanted pregnancies or the medical care a woman might need to save her life or a way to escape abuse and incest. They should all be replaced with women in office.

Posted by: Jamie | Oct 26, 2012 9:53:35 AM

11. "If Todd Akin was anally raped, would he believe all that "santorum" was also a 'GIFT FROM GOD"!?!"

Fruit, the "santorum" you're talking about doesn't have separate human DNA and wouldn't grow on its own to look like a human baby. Your point really doesn't make sense. If I found out that you were the product of a rape you'd have my sympathy, but I wouldn't wish you'd been aborted. Akin could have explained his position more tactfully, but he's not "crazy" just because he values human life.

And no, I wouldn't abort a gay fetus. And would you want me to have the option of doing this? That fetus could be a future Andy Towle or Brandon Thorpe, or.....

Posted by: Mary | Oct 26, 2012 11:15:11 AM

12. For the opponents of a women's right to choose to use the scare tactic of aborting a gay fetus as a way to try to browbeat gays into line had some traction a couple of decades ago when the public perception of gays was profoundly negative. Times have changed and it is time for these people to wake up and change their rhetoric.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Oct 26, 2012 11:43:12 AM

13. @Jason Tina and every other woman should be able to abort their babies regardless of the gay gene. YOUR STATEMENT IS DUMB.

Posted by: Monrob | Oct 26, 2012 12:25:44 PM

14. If it's a future "Jason" -- ABORT!!!!!!!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 26, 2012 5:08:42 PM

15. "Well, does Tina Fey believe that a woman has the right to abort a baby if it contains a gay gene? Does she? [Sklf kdw? Kdnes ndo zzod warrrgarrrbl]"

Jason, my little poppet, that has to be one of the stupidest comments I've read on this blog. When I consider all the nonsense you and your like-minded buddies have posted here, that's saying far more of a mouthful than I've *ever* had.

Posted by: agcons | Oct 26, 2012 6:40:11 PM

16. Good lord Jason - most of the junk you post on Towleroad approaches the Victoria Jackson level of stupid.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Oct 26, 2012 6:57:12 PM

17. @JASON/RICK says:

"Sorry, Tina, but your "reproductive rights" nonsense doesn't sit well with most of the gay men I know. You're out of touch with commonse sense, dearie."

Once again he makes his over-reaching proclamations.

1) You probably know NO gay men, because you are not gay and as a GOP troll don't have any real gay friends.

2) You are the most uninformed twit on the planet.

3) Your strawman theory with the gay gene has nothing to do with what she is talking about and I doubt she would advocate that. Why is it even relevant? It's just more of your inane ramblings. Nice try though.

4) She is out of touch with common sense? Honey, your common sense left the station and derailed decades ago.

5) Pedal you crap somewhere else.

Posted by: WOW | Oct 26, 2012 10:06:13 PM

18. @FURY: maybe it is Victoria? Ha!

Posted by: WOW | Oct 26, 2012 10:07:42 PM

19. The facility JASON/RICK resides in needs to up his meds or at the very least, cut back his internet priveleges.

Posted by: WOW | Oct 26, 2012 10:12:51 PM

20. my neighbor's step-aunt makes $70 every hour on the computer. She has been out of a job for six months but last month her pay check was $16540 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this web site http://www.Mid12.com

Posted by: giga | Oct 27, 2012 7:36:57 PM