BigGayDeal.com

Gay Man Shot and Killed in Bizarre SF-Area 'Bath Salts' Incident: VIDEO

Vallejo

A bizarre and violent episode in Vallejo, California ended after officers responded Sunday to what CBS News describes as a "drug-filled rampage" at a burning home:

Jeremiah Moore, 29, was shot and killed by authorities during a bizarre incident that investigators said was fueled by hallucinogens – possibly a toxic combination commonly of drugs known as “bath salts.” On Sunday, officers received calls from neighbors that two men, later identified as Moore and his partner, Jason Jessie, 28, were naked and running in the street, allegedly breaking the windows of cars parked in the neighborhood.

When police arrived at approximately 1:30 a.m., Jessie apparently ran back into the home he shared with Moore on the 2500 block of Alameda Drive, according to investigators. Moore subsequently emerged from the home, which police said began filling with smoke. He then reportedly placed the barrel of a rifle against an officer’s stomach, police said.

It was then that Moore was shot by officers. Three birds were also found later, beheaded in the backyard.

Watch the CBS News initial report, AFTER THE JUMP...

Video may take a few seconds to load...

Web link here for those on mobile.

Comments

1. Bath salts make people 100% CRAY. They strip naked, torture animals, brutally attack other people...

I'll just wait here for Brian Fisher to claim this is solely a gay thing...

Posted by: kp05 | Oct 22, 2012 8:50:48 PM

2. >> Three birds were also found later, beheaded in the backyard.

I feel worse for the birds than I do for him.

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Oct 22, 2012 9:23:47 PM

3. yep, that sounds completely nuts. why do people still take 'bath salts' if they are aware of the news stories, that it turns people into murderous psychotic animals? i don't even know what 'bath salts' are exactly but i'm glad we don't have them her in england.

Posted by: danswon | Oct 22, 2012 9:31:39 PM

4. How's that "War On Drugs" working out for us ?

And please, if you don't know WHAT "bath salts" are, how do you know you don't have them in the UK ? Give me a freakin' break, I first HEARD about the active ingredients IN "bath salts" FROM guys in the UK !

Posted by: "The Gay" | Oct 22, 2012 9:41:00 PM

5. Drugs r bad, mmk?

Posted by: Daniel | Oct 22, 2012 9:50:35 PM

6. 'Bath Salts' do indeed exist in the UK! Generally under various other names. Bath salts is apparently an American name and is used because they were and still are legal in many places, and sold as 'Bath Salts'. My state just banned them a couple of months ago.

When I was a kid, the #1 crazy drug was PCP / Angel Dust. I've seen people act psychotic on PCP

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 22, 2012 10:28:53 PM

7. Why is a martini and a bowl not enough? Jesus. I'm gonna just lock the door and watch old designing women reruns.

Posted by: the milkman | Oct 22, 2012 10:54:49 PM

8. Well, no one can deny that they had a hell of a trip. Oh,hedonism.

Posted by: ComeOnYo | Oct 22, 2012 11:01:18 PM

9. If they don't sell 'em at Sabon, I don't want no part of 'em!

Posted by: Bearish | Oct 22, 2012 11:37:03 PM

10. This happened in Vallejo, that is 40 miles from SF...the headline is a bit deceptive.

Posted by: mikenola | Oct 22, 2012 11:48:59 PM

11. What does the fact that he is gay have to do with anything? Pretty tenuous connection to the incident. Just saying...

Posted by: Eivar | Oct 22, 2012 11:55:24 PM

12. One of the greatest stories I have ever read! Were they hot?

Posted by: Arturo | Oct 23, 2012 12:28:18 AM

13. 1:38 "It's Vallejo so it doesn't really surprise me."

OK then.

Posted by: Randy | Oct 23, 2012 12:49:51 AM

14. Tragic incident. Unfortunately this is what a culture of drugs leads to. Less offensive drugs are nothing but a bridge to the worse stuff out there. The fact that spice (cloud9 etc) and bath salts can be purchased legally at your local CVS is mind-boggling.

Posted by: Gast | Oct 23, 2012 2:40:49 AM

15. What century are you from, Gast? The biggest gateway drug in America is TOBACCO! And guess what? It is subsidized by our government! Next in line...alcohol...ever hear of that? You know too little to spout off "facts" like this line...

"Less offensive drugs are nothing but a bridge to the worse stuff out there."

Really? Prove it. Any link will do. Cite your source for this sentence, please.

Posted by: millerbeach | Oct 23, 2012 3:47:27 AM

16. I don't have to provide you a link MILLERBEACH. I can tell you about my own brother who is in rehab, after being on the streets for weeks. He started off with weed, not alcohol. He went on to do spice (you know that stuff that is "not for human consumption") among other drugs. Drugs are a real problem that affect real people. You may think drug users are in control, but they are not and they and up hurting themselves and those around them. FYI just reading this article's headline should suffice.

Posted by: Gast | Oct 23, 2012 4:13:11 AM

17. Gast, there are millions and millions of people who use marijuana with zero ill effects or life-altering problems or moving on to hard drugs.

There are simply some people who - because of their own issues - are going to end up on a downhill slide no matter WHAT the cause; drugs, gambling, sex, whatever. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can stop blaming a harmless plant and start putting blame where it belongs: the user.

Posted by: johnny | Oct 23, 2012 6:03:49 AM

18. @JOHNNY The user and the effects of drugs both are to blame. Besides you can't testify for millions of people, these empty, naive arguments are tired.

Posted by: Gast | Oct 23, 2012 6:42:01 AM

19. My doctor told me to cut-back on salt.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Oct 23, 2012 7:31:04 AM

20. I'm with you Milkman and Anastasia you crack me up!

Posted by: hotbeef | Oct 23, 2012 8:36:57 AM

21. @Johnny Except for the proven correlation between smoking weed and nut cancer. Yeah, no thanks. I'll trash my liver instead.

Posted by: Randall | Oct 23, 2012 9:22:20 AM

22. 1) Bath salts while a horrible thing, are not a zombie/crazy making drug. Like all drugs (especially homemade garbage like that) mis-dosing can be bad to lethal.

2) Is it just me or were those cops super slow to shoot that guy?

Posted by: Fenrox | Oct 23, 2012 10:04:05 AM

23. @Randall:

You mean that ONE study, that showed CORRELATION (not CAUSATION)?

Yea, sorry, but the ill effects of alcohol are far more established. And I've never seen someone get into a deadly brawl after smoking a couple joints.

Posted by: Jack | Oct 23, 2012 12:25:29 PM

24. FYI-- one of the men is prescribed heavy duty psychotropic meds which he had stopped taking. It was he who convinced his partner that the apocalypse has occurred, to shut off utilities to the house, behead their pets, etc.

Posted by: Sooz | Oct 23, 2012 12:47:42 PM

25. drugs and mental illness -- not such a great combo I am guessing -- -oh and the government doesn't have a great plan on either ....

Posted by: David B. | Oct 23, 2012 1:36:50 PM