Barbara Walters | I'm Not Gay | John Travolta | Kirstie Alley | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kirstie Alley to Barbara Walters: John Travolta is Not Gay - VIDEO

Alley_travolta

Kirstie Alley tells Barbara Walters in a new interview that it took everything she had "to not run off and marry John and be with John for the rest of my life" and that Travolta isn't gay:

“I know John. With all my heart and soul, he’s not gay...I think it’s some weird way, in Hollywood, if someone gets big enough and famous enough, and they’re not out doing drugs and they’re not womanizing, what do you say about them?”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. They're both Scientologists. She's got his back.

Posted by: Jamie in Las Vegas | Nov 7, 2012 3:36:06 PM

2. Straight women never believe that men they are really attracted to as men are gay--only the ones that are willing to be their foppish little pets and keep them entertained, while accepting their roles as underlings and "supporters".....

Posted by: Rick | Nov 7, 2012 3:36:47 PM

3. She is lying, plain and simple. Barbara needs to talk to Treat Williams and if the late Robert Pastorelli were alive, he would also say that Kirstie was lying. Ask the original Broadway cast of GREASE. Kirstie should just worry about dancing. Too bad Barbara couldn't tell her that she already knows John is gay and that Kirstie ought to save her breath.

Posted by: Giovanni | Nov 7, 2012 3:41:03 PM

4. Maybe the Scientologists set Kirstie's e-meter on "electroshock" and fried her brain.

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 7, 2012 3:44:22 PM

5. Did anyone else's selfish trollop of a mother hog their Dad's penis and refuse to let them blow it? Mine did. That's why I hate women. Because they're selfish and don't share.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 7, 2012 3:45:09 PM

6. Remember that Barbara Walters also asserted that notorious lawyer Roy Cohn, perhaps the most despised gay man in American history, whom she dated, and who was her lifelong friend, wasn't gay.

Then he sort of spoiled the story by dying of AIDS (while claiming it was cancer).

So she's not the place to get your "not gay" news.

Posted by: Vint | Nov 7, 2012 3:48:27 PM

7. Rick, congratulations. You've said something that actually makes sense. I've had a couple women get incredibly snippy with me when I came out to them, and it was so obvious that they were annoyed to have been "fooled" by me because I didn't seem typically gay, and probably had a bit of a crush on me. Funny enough I said this to one female coworker to stop her from flirting with me, because for obvious reasons I didn't want that to get back to her husband. I don't know what straight men do when they find out their wife is flirting with another man, and whether he could think I started it, but I didn't want to find out.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 7, 2012 3:48:31 PM

8. LOL Caliban...the setting nobody talks about.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 7, 2012 3:49:24 PM

9. Whatevah, Kristie.

Next you'll be telling us all the hair on his head is natural.

Posted by: Mark Alexander | Nov 7, 2012 3:49:48 PM

10. For the love of God, I so don't care if John Travolta is gay or not.

Posted by: The Milkman | Nov 7, 2012 3:51:32 PM

11. I have always been baffled that Barbara Walters has such a reputation as an interviewer. She's horrible. She asks superficial questions and allows people to lie their asses off. It's People magazine fluff, not a serious journalism. She's had a very lucky career indeed.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Nov 7, 2012 3:53:37 PM

12. So that picture of John kissing that man in front of his airplane isn't real? Yeah, whatever you say, Kirstie. Seriously, the whole "gay cover up" thing is SO 1980's.

Posted by: David in Houston | Nov 7, 2012 3:53:45 PM

13. And the whole Scientology thing is so 1990s! There's a really good series of articles in the Village Voice about how Scientology is falling apart.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 7, 2012 3:56:32 PM

14. How much did that cost John?

Posted by: Gary | Nov 7, 2012 3:59:32 PM

15. And Kirstie doesn't like cake.

Posted by: Michael W. | Nov 7, 2012 4:00:58 PM

16. I wonder if Travolta got fat from hanging out with Ms Alley.

Posted by: Drake | Nov 7, 2012 4:02:03 PM

17. I hate gay men who are stereotypically gay and I refuse to come out because I don't want people to think I'm stereotypically gay.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 7, 2012 4:03:15 PM

18. Barbra Walters is a Mafia Princess. Her father Lou Walters own "The Latin Quarter" -- the biggest Mafia front nightclub in New York in the 5'. That's how she met Roy Cohn, as he was her father's lawyer.

Barbara used to go on "dates" with Roy where they would have dinner together along with hs trick du jour. The trick would sit alongside them and eat quietyl while Barbara went on and on and on and on about how "lonely" Roy was going to be if he didn't get married to someone (hint! hint!)
    Then Roy would take her home, and go back to his place with the trick.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 7, 2012 4:06:21 PM

19. John Travolta is not gay.

He just likes to have sex with men.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 7, 2012 4:07:18 PM

20. I can't understand the obsession with this topic. If Trovalta were an outspoken critic of LGBT folk and others knew he was "family," that's one thing. But if he's closeted, then that's his and his family's battle with which to wrestle. If he has groped when he ought not, then he'll have to deal with those consequences. But what the frack does that have to do with me, and why would I care? I just don't get it!

Posted by: KJ | Nov 7, 2012 4:08:46 PM

21. Very clever, Kirstie. EVERYBODY (Swayze, Travolta, Xenu?) is, was, or ought to be just madly in love with you and is conveniently either dead or secretly gay or otherwise prevented from denying it.

That girl knows how to sell a book!

Posted by: hugo | Nov 7, 2012 4:09:51 PM

22. Here here to Houndentenor above! I agree, Walters is so overrated and such a celeb suckup she stopped being an actual journalist decades ago.

Posted by: leprechaunvict | Nov 7, 2012 4:11:15 PM

23. She's so credible.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 7, 2012 4:17:15 PM

24. Excellent !

Liberace wasn't gay either and went to court twice to prove it !!!!!!

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 7, 2012 4:19:00 PM

25. "If Trovalta were an outspoken critic of LGBT folk and others knew he was "family," that's one thing."

His religion is and exploits gay people by offering their "treatment". Why do you think their DC office is right off Duport circle?

Scapegoating gays has been a magical ingredient of some religions, on and off, 2000 years. Looks like it might finally be wearing thin.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 7, 2012 4:22:35 PM