Kelly Clarkson Addresses ‘The Lesbian Thing’

Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson addresses "the lesbian thing" in the February 2013 issue of Cosmo:

People think, "Oh, she's been single for too long." That's kind of an insult to the gay community. Being single doesn't mean you're gay. But I'm never insulted by it, obviously. I mean, I get hit on by the hottest girls ever. Oh, my god, if I were a lesbian, I would be so in luck. But it's just not my thing. I've always batted for the boys' team.

Comments

1. Mykelb says

“I’ve always batted for the boy’s team?” That really doesn’t make sense. If she were on a boy’s team, that would make her one of the boys, hence, most boys being straight, making her a lesbian. LOGIC DEARY.

2. Paul R says

Your comment doesn’t make sense. If I said that I batted for the boys team, would you think that I was saying I’m straight? Or a lesbian?

3. AJ says

I follow her on twitter and can honestly say she is the most down-to-earth, REAL celeb out there. If she were a lesbian I am very confident she would come right out with it cause she does NOT give a fk.

4. Vincent says

Let’s remember she endorsed Obama in part for his stance on marriage equality. She is a total ally of the gay and lesbian community.

5. MichaelJ says

I’ve always like her down-to-earthness. She is someone my red-state relatives follow and relate to, and I’m glad she is outspokenly supportive of marriage equality and gay people in general.

6. Mike B. says

Haha, she did get it backwards, but we get her meaning. I don’t really understand the why she has lesbian rumors. Is that really a thing, so much that she has to address them?

7. Icebloo says

Don’t expect this girl’s words to make ANY sense. Kelly has the IQ of a dead snail. Remember – this is the same girl who listed all of the policies of the Democratic Party and said she supported them but then said “I am a Republican at heart”. She is an utter moron.

8. Bob says

ICEBLOO — if you don’t like the girl so much, why comment on her posting? It’s people like you that make this world mean and cruel. Didn’t your mother ever tell you, “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it?” Get a grip.

Kelly – you effing rock.

9. Bryan says

That’s how you handle dismissing a gay rumor. You make it clear you’re not gay while at the same time not giving off the impression that you’re offended at the speculation. Good for her.