BigGayDeal.com

Rosie O'Donnell Welcomes a New Daughter 'Dakota': PHOTO

Rosieodonnell

Rosie O'Donnell and her wife Michelle Rounds have welcomed a new daughter, she announced via Instagram.

"we r thrilled to announce the arrival of r daughter Dakota," O'Donnell wrote.

Comments

1. having a kid at 50? better her than me

Posted by: Jmac | Jan 9, 2013 3:22:54 PM

2. No question about who the "Daddy" is in that marriage (LOL).

Posted by: Rick | Jan 9, 2013 3:36:47 PM

3. would it be comparable to the horror your family had about your being gay?

rosie has many children. one of the best things about liberal parents is that they're happy if their children are happy. no conditions needed.

congrats, Ro!

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 9, 2013 3:43:57 PM

4. RICK -That's what's going to happen, or its equivalent. The pastor's son syndrome is inevitable.
    Interesting to watch too.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jan 9, 2013 3:44:02 PM

5. Rick and UFFDA: two peas in a judgemental pod with their high school mean girls crap. Honestly Rick you are the most pathetic excuse of human being. I'd like to see you say that to "the butch one" and watch her take you down with one punch.

Posted by: WOW | Jan 9, 2013 4:02:35 PM

6. "No question about who the "Daddy" is in that marriage (LOL).
    Can you imagine the horror that The Butch One would experience if her daughter somehow turned out to be a feminine lipstick-high heels-skirt-wearing "lady" who loves men and chooses to be a stay-at-home Mom?"

S Rick: Are you a bigot troll, or just an ignorant, lesbian-hating ass?

Posted by: Kip | Jan 9, 2013 4:03:00 PM

7. Haven't Rosie and her wife very recently had serious health issues?

Luckily they can afford fulltime nannies I suppose.

Posted by: MaryM | Jan 9, 2013 4:14:59 PM

8. She's a butch lesbian, so it's only a matter of time before the comments section gets filled with bitchy comments.

Before that happens, I wanna say Congratulations to both of them!

I don't really need to put a comment in defense of her. She's rich she's got a bangin' partner and a loving family; if any gay wants to mock that, then they need to have a long hard look in the mirror.

Posted by: Hugh | Jan 9, 2013 4:15:04 PM

9. Kip: all of the above and then some!

Posted by: WOW | Jan 9, 2013 5:04:19 PM

10. Rosie, the child is wonderful but it's the product of a man and woman. Babies cannot come from two men or two women. Let's be frank about this and not try to create some sort of hyper-reality that makes us look stupid in the eyes of the world.

Gay rights is great but let's not pretend things.

Posted by: stephen lucas | Jan 9, 2013 5:04:36 PM

11. STEPHEN, get the street cones out of your ass first, maybe then you are allowed to have an opinion.

Posted by: MalaysianHo | Jan 9, 2013 5:29:49 PM

12. Stephen: nobody is suggesting that a child doesn't come from a man and woman. We all took a science class at some point in our lives so don't patronize us.

It may have taken a man and woman to conceive that child, but it will be loved and raised by two women. Anybody can conceive (which is proven daily with many broken heterosexual couplings - some who shouldn't have conceived to begin with). It's what you do and how you raise and teach that child that is more important, be it by a man and a women, two women, two men, a single woman or single man. There are many children who were raised badly by a mommy and a daddy in the home.

You are the only one who looks stupid. Although I think you just posted that to get a rise out of people really.

Posted by: BETTY | Jan 9, 2013 5:56:28 PM

13. . "one of the best things about liberal parents is that they're happy if their children are happy. no conditions needed"

Don't mean to jump down your throat tonight Kiwi, but you're overgeneralizing, probably based on your own experiences. You have two wonderful parents, that's obvious - and they happen to be liberal. But while great parents can be of any political/cultural outlook, parents who happen to be liberal are prone to weakneses also. The liberal obsession with freedom and individuality is in conflict with the selflessness needed to be a good parent. Politically, liberals tend to be sympathetic to anyone who find conventional middle-class life stifling - and it is this conventional life that children most need to grow up stable.

Nor can we assume that liberal parents are necessarily "tolerant" of a conservative son or daughter. I remember reading years ago of a liberal woman who wrote to Ann Landers expressing horror that her daughter had joined a born-again evangelical church. Ann told her that there wasn't much that could be done about this but that its possible the girl would tire of the church in time. Interestingly, the woman didn't ask how to be more "accepting" of her daughter's religious orientation. Nor did Ann suggest politiely that this woman should try to understand her daugher and display the tolerance she supposedly as a liberal stands for.

Again, glad your parents are great. But the situation is more complex than you make it seem.

Posted by: Mary | Jan 9, 2013 6:24:20 PM

14. ..well I for one and happy for the 2 of them.....anfd all Rosie's Kids...her eldest is in his late teens, maybe even joined the military?

Posted by: Disgusted american | Jan 9, 2013 6:28:10 PM

15. ..well I for one and happy for the 2 of them.....anfd all Rosie's Kids...her eldest is in his late teens, maybe even joined the military?

Posted by: Disgusted american | Jan 9, 2013 6:28:10 PM

16. Mary - you're a tiresome bore and as intellectually respectable as an anal wart.

Oh no! Ann Landers didn't tell a woman to respect a backward thinking religious institution? HEAVENS TO BETSY!

So go bugger off, you hack. And I, for what it's worth, have never once advocated "tolerance" - tolerance is for feebled minded cowards who don't have the integrity to defiantly stand up for the truth.

You couldn't possibly jump down my throat - you're a useless worthless cyber troll who will (thank God) die without reproducing.

and now here i am breaking my oath to never reply to you again. take this as a gift for 2013. enjoy that i responded to you. won't happen again.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 9, 2013 6:32:37 PM

17. Exactly how long does it take to type the A and the E and then the O and the U? Too long for Rosie, I guess...

Posted by: tc in bk | Jan 9, 2013 6:58:27 PM

18. Take it down a notch KIWI. You give the Rick's, UFFDA's and Yupp's of this world more credibility when you jump down people's throats. People won't take any of your valid points and views seriously and worst of all the above mentioned trolls look right in their criticism of you. Grow up.

Posted by: WOW | Jan 9, 2013 7:07:34 PM

19. sorry, Wow. but thanks for commenting and thus proving that you and i are not the same person. (that's the latest, apparently)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 9, 2013 7:10:17 PM

20. "enjoy that i responded to you. won't happen again"

that is until he uses one of his other 10 aliases (which will remain unnamed.)

Significantly, Kiwi didn't address any specific issue I raised. "Tiresome bore" translates into "someone who can hold her own in an intellectual exchange with Kiwi."

And I didn't say the woman should respect conservative churches, only that she should respect her daughter's right to CHOOSE such a church. Her loyalty toward her daughter should outrank the "hate" that she as a liberal would probably feel for born-again Christian churches. Or is it not "hate" because only right -wingers are capable of hate? I'm sure you understood my point: all of us are human and have our weaknesses/flaws.

And if I'm an "anal wart" I'm an anal wart who now supports full equality for gays.

Posted by: Mary | Jan 9, 2013 7:12:35 PM

21. Anybody who disagrees with their world outlook is apparently Kiwi to them or the very least a Kiwi sympathizer. Whatever. Don't apologize to me, say sorry to Mary. She did bring up a valid point.

Posted by: WOW | Jan 9, 2013 7:17:13 PM

22. No, she's been trying to get my attention for months. I'm simply going to resume ignoring. I don't play intellectually-dishonest games that trolls engage in to distract themselves from reality. Their delusions are theirs and theirs alone.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 9, 2013 7:20:52 PM

23. To each their own.

Posted by: WOW | Jan 9, 2013 7:26:00 PM

24. Wow, thank you for the moral support. But Jerry Falwell will return from dead and join PFLAG before Kiwi ever apologizes to me. But I may be making some progress with him, since he's only gloating over my childlessness. By this time he's usually telling me various ways I can kill myself. This could mean that he actually doesn't want me to die - maybe because as an equality advocate I'm somewhat useful now. Who knows?

Posted by: Mary | Jan 9, 2013 7:29:41 PM

25. Weaves flying once again! Congrats on the munchkin.

Posted by: greenfuzz | Jan 9, 2013 10:13:18 PM