Comments

1. says

To some of us who live in slower paced places, that sped up video is more like real time. Every time I’ve been to New York I’ve felt like I was in a hurry.
    In my opinion, life is way too fast there.

saludos,
    raulito

2. EchtKultig says

Agreed Ratbastard. BUT, whenever I’m up in the NYC metro, usually a couple times a year…I have a icy frisson when I think about what it used to look like. I think for people who approached the city from the south, whether by train or car (I never flew in) the Twin Towers were such a dominant part of the skyline. I’ll never forget being about 10 or 11 and taking metroliner up there for the first time in the late 1980s, and seeing them off in the distance. A Washington DC kid couldn’t believe buildings could be that big.

3. ratbastard says

@ECHTKULTIG,

NY is overpowering to many first time visitors. I’ve heard more than a few say they felt seriously claustrophobic.

I had a DC woman visiting my office and she was all excited about the ‘tall buildings’ because DC doesn’t have any. And this was in Boston!

4. jamal49 says

@ECHTKULTIG: Although I am happy to finally see the new tower going up (I work nearby and have watched its construction from day 1), I still get wistful for the late Twin Towers. Whenever I left NYC whether by train, bus or car and then returned, there was always that thrill of the Towers rising up from the distance. Flying into NYC and seeing the Towers, especially at night, was awesome, too. Well, the new tower is beautiful even in its incomplete state and will surely be something spectacular once its finished.

5. millerbeach says

Cool. It’s been a long time since I have been in NYC, over 20 years. I’ll never forget the crush of humanity. I am used to urban areas, I work in downtown Chicago. But NOTHING had me prepared for NYC. I just wish I could have stayed longer, and had more money…LOL

6. GB says

Reflective glass buildings are so 1974. Witness The Hancock Tower in Boston. The World Trade Center towers marked a very unique time: 1973-2001. They have been captured in many movies from those years–standing symmetric and iconic. It marks an important period in Gay history as well–the pre-marriage era. We’ll discover if the new structure, with its’ glass sheath, will reflect and depict the times ahead.