BigGayDeal.com

Gay Filmmakers Give Boy Scouts 'Most Fun They've Ever Had' in Scouting: VIDEO

Scouts

With the help of Eagle Scout and "once small and painfully nerdy" filmmaker Todd Bieber, a group of Boy Scouts from Bieber's old troop get to go to NYC and meet some talented gay entertainers and filmmakers who give them the "most fun they've ever had" as Scouts.

Bieber is using a short film documenting the experience as a campaign to get the Boy Scouts to end their ban on gay scouts and leaders.

Check out the super-inspiring video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Bieber's movie:

Here is the Scouts' movie, Attack of the Evil Mutant Scouts:

And gay actor Denis O'Hare, who helped out, is interviewed by the Scouts as part of fulfilling the requirements to earn Cinematography Merit Badge:

And their interview of SNL writer Chris Kelly:

Comments

1. What an important and powerful video. Everyone should see this. Kudos to the filmmakers.

Posted by: TANK | Apr 22, 2013 11:35:58 AM

2. Nice job, generally.

It would have been more effective if a) he had pointed out that there were both gay and straight guys in the "workshop", and b) if he had not started the video with the stereotype-reinforcing "I was a sissy when I was a little boy, so another boy beat the crap out of me and knocked my front teeth out"

What concerns straight parents the most about having gay men in positions like Scout leader is that they are going to try to steer them down the road of sissy-hood rather than the road of man-hood.....and talking about how you were bullied when you were a boy would not inspire confidence in them on that score.

Posted by: Rick | Apr 22, 2013 11:50:49 AM

3. Very cool! This is the Scouting program that I remember from my youth. Not the immoral one of today that prefers to exclude others.

Posted by: Marc C | Apr 22, 2013 12:01:37 PM

4. Todd Bieber IS straight.

Posted by: james | Apr 22, 2013 12:19:37 PM

5. When did Tobey McGuire start working for SNL? He's adorable and so sweet.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 22, 2013 12:37:00 PM

6. @ Rick, you've written a line and stated that it's a quote starting the video..."I was a sissy when I was a little boy, so another boy beat the crap out of me and knocked my front teeth out" I watched the first video but couldn't find it. Are you a member of DOMA and making things up? Which video is this 'quote' in?

Posted by: Andrew | Apr 22, 2013 3:51:50 PM

7. Great video!

Posted by: jaragon | Apr 22, 2013 5:25:48 PM

8. Awesome! Like he said in the video, "morally straight" should refer to ethical character and not sexual preference. Hopefully former boyscouts like him can help change the organization from the inside.

Posted by: MuscleModelBlog.com | Apr 22, 2013 6:25:04 PM

9. I really want to support the Scouts because I had such a great time in the program and I do think it is beneficial to kinds. I just wish they would come around on the gay issue.

Posted by: tiko | Apr 23, 2013 3:09:24 AM

10. With respect to the tooth that got knocked out; At that age, it was his "Baby" tooth that was knocked out. It was replaced by the one he has now; along with all of the other teeth he has now in his mouth, that repalced the "Baby Teeth".

Posted by: Jerry6 | Apr 23, 2013 10:31:48 PM