Belgian Singer Lara Fabian's New Video is All About Equal Love: WATCH

Fabian

"Deux ils, deux elles" is Lara Fabian's second song supporting equality, the first being "Le Différence" in 2010.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. When is an actual gay or bi guy going to have massive chart success at the same time as being out? Having women sing songs about us guys is a bit of an insult .

Posted by: Adam | Apr 4, 2013 8:51:07 PM

2. Adam - You mean like Pet Shop Boys singing So Hard?

Posted by: David Hearne | Apr 4, 2013 9:07:42 PM

3. Why is it insulting? She's supporting you; appreciate it.

Posted by: Lucrece | Apr 4, 2013 9:15:13 PM

4. Women are false idols. They do not understand the oppression of male homosexuality. In fact, women enable homophobia towards men because it suits their overall anti-male purpose.

We need to stop worshipping false idols.

Posted by: Adam | Apr 4, 2013 9:33:43 PM

5. I think that support, from wherever it comes, is great. Fantastic!

Posted by: MuscleModelBlog.com | Apr 4, 2013 9:54:44 PM

6. Are you high, Adam?

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Apr 4, 2013 10:06:35 PM

7. We need our straight allies!! Wake up dude! Love Love Love Cyndi Lauper! She is the real deal.

Posted by: Josh | Apr 4, 2013 10:33:20 PM

8. Lara Fabien is fabulous. So, back off boys. I've listened to 'Sin Ti' - from her Spanish album - for years and never tire of it. Thanks, Lara, for your support! x

Posted by: Jaan | Apr 4, 2013 10:42:39 PM

9. Adam - What do you worship? Are there no women in your life?

Posted by: Markt | Apr 4, 2013 10:56:35 PM

10. While I appreciate "straight" allies, I don't bow to them. You sycophants can bow all you like but it won't get you anywhere. You'll be stuck in perpetual worship mode, living your lives through the freedom of others, forever wondering, forever hoping, forever languishing.

Posted by: Adam | Apr 4, 2013 11:07:50 PM

11. This is like a grade school kids idea of equality. The singing is non-offensive and milquetoast. The kissing is bland and designed to be inclusive. Not a spark of originality. There down't seem to be any emotions. This is strictly by-the-book equality.

Posted by: will | Apr 4, 2013 11:10:01 PM

12. For those who aren't aware, Adam/Rick is Towleroad's resident misogynistic pyschopath.

Posted by: Matthew | Apr 4, 2013 11:12:14 PM

13. Adam - you make an interesting observation as women don't understand the oppression male homosexuality. They can't ever. However, I think it's dangerous to generalize that women have an overall anti-male agenda. That's simliar to generalizing that all gay males look and act the same way or reflect characters on TV like Jack from Will & Grace or Kurt from Glee. The world tends to generalize, way too often, but that doesn't mean that you also have to enable that behaviour by doing it yourself.

I don't think there's anything wrong worshiping these "false" idols. These "false" idols are taking a political stand at your and/or an "oppressed" community's "happiness". After all, they're not under any obligation to do so as they have a singing/entertainment career and can easily just do that. As a previous commenter accurately summed up: isn't support, from wherever it comes, great?

Posted by: Rich | Apr 4, 2013 11:27:14 PM

14. I prefer the original "Fabian" from the 1950's.

Posted by: Josh | Apr 4, 2013 11:30:57 PM

15. Vive “le” différence?

Posted by: jctsf | Apr 5, 2013 12:00:14 AM

16. Spectacular! Absolutely gorgeous. The mix of gay, straight, lesbian love made my heart melt. Thank you, Lara!

Posted by: Marc | Apr 5, 2013 1:46:11 AM

17. ...lorsque deus ils se touchent tous nos sens se souviennent...
    ...when two he touch each other all our senses remember...

Thanks Lara

Posted by: dexter | Apr 5, 2013 2:10:36 AM

18. Adam,
    What a ridiculous comment. Hate women much? Women have been just as oppressed as men throughout history. And women can also be homosexual. Geez, you are an embarrassment.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 5, 2013 7:37:56 AM

19. Adam,

Posted by: Mark | Apr 5, 2013 7:37:58 AM

20. Adam, me thinks you're a troll.

Posted by: Peter M. | Apr 5, 2013 8:06:39 AM

21. @jctsf - you're right it's la différence not le

@Andy - La différence was released in 1999 from her album Pure

@Adam - I effing LOVE Lara because she is an incredible talent and a genuinely kind supporter of our community. I don't worship her but even if I did, I couldn't give 2 sh*ts what you think because you are a self-loathing misogynistic troll.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Apr 5, 2013 8:38:39 AM

22. sounds like adam has mommy issues

Posted by: john h | Apr 5, 2013 8:54:52 AM

23. Just want to start by saying I've been reading towleroad for years (yay), and yes, I've been a lurker this whole time. >_> But I had to come out from my hiding spot for this discussion.

@Adam --- 1) I'm sorry that you have such a hostile attitude towards someone (Ms. Fabian) who is a supporter of the gay community. I take your point that one person in a particular life situation can never truly appreciate the hardships felt by someone else in a totally different life situation, but that's why there's a thing called empathy that humans utilize to try and understand one another. So if Ms. Fabian is compelled to create art that depicts the love between two gay people as being on equal footing as the love between two straight people, I'm more than happy to support her and be thankful. If you think being hateful and defamatory towards straight allies is more productive than encouragement I know a Nigerian prince who wants to give you a million dollars.

2) I also take your other point that gay musicians who are phenomenally successful are too often in the closet and thus never create love songs that reflect their interior lives as gay men/women. That's a damn shame. But you know what's not gonna fix that problem? Attacking the performers who have the bravery to put the content into their art to begin with, regardless of their level of success, or what genitalia they have.

Posted by: Eduardo B. | Apr 5, 2013 12:21:48 PM

24. Adam has some SERIOUS psychological issues, it seems.... Lara Fabian on the other hand is a balanced talented and extremely gay-friendly artist who deserves recognition and gratitude for being an ardent supporter of gay rights and gay issues.

Posted by: CKNJ | Apr 5, 2013 12:37:58 PM

25. Adam = troll, looking for attention. 'Nuff said.

Posted by: DarrenW | Apr 5, 2013 2:03:43 PM