Adam Lambert | AIDS/HIV | Music | News | Vienna

Adam Lambert and a Pack of Shirtless 'Thieves' Debut a New Song at Vienna's Life Ball: VIDEO

Lifeball_lambert

Vienna's Life Ball 2013, Europe's largest fundraiser for HIV/AIDS, took place on Saturday night and Adam Lambert played up to the "1001 Nights" theme with a costumed take on "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves". Lambert debuted a new track called "Love Wins Over Glamour".

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. OMG he's so successful and young I just hate him. There, I beat all of you queens to it, so I don't have to read how much you hate him like you do every other gay celebrity.

Posted by: Jerry | May 28, 2013 11:25:07 AM

2. I think he fabulous. I am amazed that Queen didn't snap him up for a revival, as his performance with them was spectacular.

This performance is a stunning visual.

Posted by: David Hearne | May 28, 2013 11:31:07 AM

3. He turned Queen down in order to work on his solo career. :)

Posted by: bertlovesernie | May 28, 2013 12:03:07 PM

4. He's amazing. I have both albums and listen all the time.

Posted by: Bobby | May 28, 2013 12:16:53 PM

5. I like Adam but wish Pink would write every song for him. What a bunch of forgettable nothing that was.

Posted by: MIke | May 28, 2013 12:38:49 PM

6. QUEEN DID snatch him up. They did a several dates in Europe last summer, and are talking about doing more in the future, including some US dates.

Posted by: Nina | May 28, 2013 12:39:33 PM

7. Another spectacular performance ! He never ceases to amaze !

Posted by: Judy | May 28, 2013 12:44:20 PM

8. To MIke (May 28, 2013 12:38:49 PM):

Lol, songs such as 'Aftermath', 'Outlaws Of Love', are "a bunch of forgettable nothing that was"? Have you really LISTEN to his songs???

Posted by: Sam | May 28, 2013 1:10:21 PM

9. I. Want. That. Coat.

Posted by: Linda | May 28, 2013 1:13:12 PM

10. What a phenomenal vocalist and live performer!

Posted by: Sam | May 28, 2013 1:14:37 PM

11. messy. guess all it takes for a posting here is being gay.

Posted by: don't a tell la | May 28, 2013 1:42:06 PM

12. Still can't believe he lost to Kris Allen on American Idol. I know, who?

Posted by: S. | May 28, 2013 2:20:45 PM

13. Really like the new song and thought the visuals/production was pretty awesome. Love that coat. Spectacular!

Posted by: AriesMatt | May 28, 2013 3:17:54 PM

14. El Lambert is a born star ( but those chorus boys seemed a bit awkward)

Posted by: jaragon | May 28, 2013 5:13:25 PM

15. Love the new song. I never heard of this Life Ball until yesterday. It looks like a big thing.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | May 28, 2013 6:33:53 PM

16. Love the new song. I never heard of this Life Ball until yesterday. It looks like a big thing.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | May 28, 2013 6:33:53 PM

17. He did a fantastic job of opening the proceedings as Ali Baba! Mike - the song was written by Adam and others JUST for the role of Ali Baba in this fantasy musical production. It's not supposed to be some meaningful spectacular pop song. LMAO It served it's purpose brilliantly.

Posted by: Jacki | May 28, 2013 9:36:47 PM

18. This male drag queen's performance would be so much better if his backup dancers would have all been on the same cue...

Posted by: Will | May 28, 2013 11:43:45 PM

19. I really want to like him and his music...but the song just seems "meh" to me... I don't think he's had many really solid, hit songs... I'd like to see him hook up with Dr. Luke, or Timbaland...or even David Guetta

Posted by: steve | May 29, 2013 12:11:45 AM

20. It's all rather bland, under-rehearsed and thrown together. And the boys are beefy but not buff.

Posted by: Aunt Sharon | May 29, 2013 12:24:42 AM

21. Adam Lambert is still one of the best male vocalists in the world. But why hasn't he planned any concerts in the USA?

Posted by: Linda | May 29, 2013 1:47:48 PM

22. I just don't understand why he's lip-syncing. His pop is mediocre and shallow, he could really pull some stuff with a little more grit and integrity.

Posted by: Kurtis Edwards | May 29, 2013 6:06:25 PM

23. If anyone cares the lit up building in the background is Vienna's City Hall. There's a large park in front of it.

Posted by: TomTallis | May 29, 2013 6:22:44 PM

24. @Linda he's got some upcoming concerts in the USA - Pittsburgh, Orlando & San Diego

Posted by: theo | May 30, 2013 4:45:19 PM

25. He's a great performer, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of his songwriting--inasmuch as he writes or chooses songs that tend to be outside my wheelhouse. I really do like his covers and the song penned by Lady Gaga, though.

Posted by: Mike B. | May 31, 2013 12:52:40 AM