Film | Henry Cavill | News | Superheroes

New 'Man of Steel' Trailer Features Arrival of General Zod: VIDEO

Cavill

A new Man of Steel trailer features a masked look at General Zod (Michael Shannon), who has "journeyed over an ocean of stars" to reach Earth, which is sheltering Kal-El (Henry Cavill, aka Superman).

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Zod

Remember Terence Stamp's Zod, from Superman II. One of best sequels ever.

2_zod

Comments

1. it's "an ocean of stars"

Posted by: Jack | May 22, 2013 8:35:09 AM

2. Looks like a Superman movie I can actually enjoy. I just hope they don't make it 3hrs long like all the other super hero movies.

Posted by: TONEZ | May 22, 2013 8:47:35 AM

3. I'm not sure how I feel about a sexy Superman. Part of the joy of Superman was the Ken Doll cheesiness of the lead character.

Posted by: David Hearne | May 22, 2013 11:06:48 AM

4. Oh, Henry!

Posted by: Kile Ozier | May 22, 2013 11:33:28 AM

5. I've never really cared for Superman much and thought he was kind of a boring, too-perfect character, but Holy-Moley Henry Cavill! He definitely breaks the mold of bland Ken doll asexuality in previous incarnations.

Posted by: Caliban | May 22, 2013 11:35:34 AM

6. Meh. I miss the romanticism of the first two Superman movies. And, please, when will Hollywood STOP with the handheld camera crap?

Posted by: Joseph | May 22, 2013 11:51:50 AM

7. I love me some Superman! But I wonder how (or if) they explain why he is bearded in the early scenes, but clean shaven in the later scenes. Where did he find a razor strong enough to cut his hair, since his hair (like Superman himself) is indestructible?!

Posted by: Howard | May 22, 2013 12:29:07 PM

8. @Howard, DUH, he burned it off with his heat-ray vision! ;-)

I'm more interested in that lovely Kryptonian chest hair!

Posted by: Caliban | May 22, 2013 12:37:04 PM

9. Superman is my man. He does good, he helps people and he's got a body to die for- We should all aspire to that.

Posted by: Tom | May 22, 2013 12:55:35 PM

10. Got chills watching this trailer. Love that it is going to have the heavy, dark theme like Nolan's Batman trilogy. I'm predicting this one will hit the billion dollar international mark. Cavill can do no wrong in my eyes. Woof!

Posted by: AriesMatt | May 22, 2013 1:34:08 PM

11. can't wait

and sorry but supe/cavill is getting upstaged by ZOD with supe just a supporting cast member .

Posted by: Moz's | May 22, 2013 3:36:20 PM

12. @ Howard - You'll see him use his heat vision with a hand held mirror to shave :-) The movie is actually AMAZING!!! Superman is back!!!

Posted by: Spidey | May 22, 2013 4:54:44 PM

13. Finally a believable SuperMan! No offense, but Brandon Routh was all types of wrong as Superman...more puddy than steel

Posted by: Ain't it Funny | May 22, 2013 11:59:52 PM