BigGayDeal.com

News: Darren Criss, NSA, Pet Shop Boys, Ken Mehlman, NFL Fans

RoadRevealed: the top secret rules that allow NSA to use U.S. data without a warrant.

MehlmanRoadKen Mehlman profiled in the NYT: "He remains controversial, both applauded and vilified. On the left, he is either an unlikely hero or a hypocritical coward. On the right, some Republicans embrace him; others deem him a traitor."

RoadVIDEO: Chinese fans injured in stampede to see David Beckham.

RoadJury for George Zimmerman's trial is made up entirely of women, none of whom are black.

RoadWTF: Kanye and Kim Kardashian name their child North West.

RoadTom Ford launching men's grooming line.

RoadDarren Criss on his grooming habits: “I feel terrible for the hairdressers on Glee that have to pour gallons and gallons of gel and goblin’s blood or whatever the hell else they’re getting from the black market to tame my curly hair,” he confides. “Day to day, I stay away from combs… I don’t think I’ve combed my hair in 15 years.”

RoadJ Lo nabs the 2,500th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

RoadMale model fix: Ryan Mertz.

PsbRoadThe Pet Shop Boys give Idolator's Robbie Daw a lengthy interview about their upcoming album Electric.

RoadCindy McCain says her husband is "coming around" on gay marriage: “My husband and I have differed on many issues over the years … I think down the line we’ll see our country changing … on this issue I know he believes what’s right.”

RoadJohn Shore rips Exodus International's Alan Chambers: "I’m just a tad confused. Not once in your speech—which I’ll be the first to say was veritably jammed with talk about God and forgiveness and healing and welcoming and redemption and reconciliation and peace and love and joy and salvation—did I hear you express regret for you and Exodus having spent over three decades helping to destroy the lives of gay people and their families through your pedaling and capitalizing upon the message that God’s greatest desire for every gay person is that they cease to be gay."

RoadMcSteamy goes for a shirtless run.

BritishRoadBritish Museum launches gay history guide: "Written by curator Richard Parkinson, it explores artistic portrayals of what it means to be gay and the difficulties in finding records of same-sex desire."

RoadArizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians believes any issues with an openly gay football player in the NFL would come form the fans: “I don’t think the locker room would have any problem with it,” Arians told FOX Sports' Ross Jones by telephone in Wednesday. “The problem would be with the fans. I think especially opposing fans. Some of the things that are said are over the top and out of control that I can imagine what some fans would say to an openly gay player.”

RoadArchbishop Oscar Cruz, judicial vicar of the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines-National Appellate Matrimonial Tribunal: "'May a lesbian marry a gay man? My answer is ‘yes’ because in that instance the capacity to consummate the union is there. The anatomy is there. The possibility of conception is there,' Cruz told a church forum on Tuesday. 'I ask this question to myself and I have thought about it for a long time and the answer is ‘yes’,' he said."

Comments

1. re; Zimmerman. awful.

i have a terrible feeling about this. if Trayvon Martin's murderer walks free I think we need to page Charles Bronson.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 21, 2013 3:22:25 PM

2. Is Ryan Mertz related to Fred & Ethel?

Posted by: Myackie | Jun 21, 2013 3:30:22 PM

3. Oh, and Mehlman has neglected to do the very-specific work that a man in his position would do well to do: namely, to within the GOP talk specifically about how a culture of anti-gay prejudice within not just society, but CONSERVATIVE CIRCLES, reduced him to being a cowardly excuse for a man who threw other gay people under the bus to save his own hide.

how Conservatism is so tied to anti-gay bigotry that anti-gay conservatives are ignoring the reality that their bigotry will not make their own kids straight. that there is no way to avoid "GAY" - there is, however, a very easy and clear way to avoid anti-gay prejudice: use your brains and your hearts.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 21, 2013 3:33:23 PM

4. Well, maybe Kim and Kanye will make good parents. As long as little North West isn't in psychiatric therapy by age seven I'll be satisfied. Lord, help them...please.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 21, 2013 4:02:58 PM

5. North West?

I once worked with a man named Russell Six. He married a woman named Paige.

And she took his surname. Swear to god it's true.

Posted by: the other Ken | Jun 21, 2013 4:06:46 PM

6. Mehlman can go f**k himself.
    I don't want help from this slime in a suit in any way, shape, or form, not now, not ever. The only think I want him to know and understand is that the war for LGBT equality was fought and won despite despicable gay cowards like him.

This MF didn't just hide in the closet and go silently along with GOP bigotry, he designed the antigay platform they ran on. Conservatives have been and still are the primary political opposition to LGBT equality and yet he's still shilling for them ... 'Gay rights is a conservative issue'.
    F**k you again Mehlman.

Get one thing right in your whole entire miserable f**ked up existence ... LGBT equality is a human right.

Posted by: JONES | Jun 21, 2013 4:15:53 PM

7. Re: Zimmerman, kiwi

Our local Canuck prog proves that he's a little fascist once again. Is their any difference between progs and fascists?

Posted by: AG | Jun 21, 2013 4:28:58 PM

8. I don't know how Mehlman lives with himself, but he needs to be frequently reminded that we will never know how many queer kids have committed suicide thanks to his contributions. I hope he lies awake every night in a cold sweat.

Posted by: mikey67 | Jun 21, 2013 4:33:59 PM

9. Ken Melman is the lowest form of pond life.

He is an absurd excuse for a gay man and needs to crawl away from the publicity he craves.

Next thing will be that he is being supported by Andrew Sullivan or others from the social climbing circle in New York which he craves.

He betrayed us all.
    He betrayed us all.
    He betrayed us all.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 21, 2013 5:06:24 PM

10. @Jones:

My words exactly and the same goes for John McCain.

Posted by: Brad | Jun 21, 2013 5:21:19 PM

11. North West? Since both of the parents are famous for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL and have gotten extremely rich from cashing in on everything, would not the logical name for a child of Kim and Kanye be Ka-ching! Feel very sad for the baby . . .

Posted by: Mike | Jun 21, 2013 5:58:30 PM

12. That news about Darren Criss was vital information
    North West? Who left that compass in the maternity ward? Another "ri" Suri, Nori...

Posted by: Gbe | Jun 21, 2013 6:00:23 PM

13. The damage Mehlman has done to thousands of LGBT couples can't be forgiven,nor can it be ignored.
    He's scum,end of sentence.

Posted by: Kevin | Jun 21, 2013 6:07:50 PM

14. Mehlman can't even get a boyfriend. Gay is sex -- sexuality. The fact that he is so roundly despised by his own is interesting. Not all gay people are cool. Haven't you learned that? If he's damaged marriage he can't be all bad.

Posted by: Gbe | Jun 21, 2013 6:13:42 PM

15. I concur with all of you about Mehlman - I think he is a complete sociopath so I doubt whether he regrets anything he ever did, because it's all about him.

He's just like the Christofascists - Mehlman is truly despicable.

Karma is an incredible thing - let's see how it plays out for him.

Posted by: Kevin-in-Honolulu | Jun 21, 2013 7:37:22 PM

16. Yeah, I read that Zimmerman's jury was a combination of Whites and Hispanics. Now, Zimmerman being a member of the new NYTimes classification "White Hispanic", it is not known whether the "Hispanics" on the jury are brown, black, or white ones.

Posted by: MIke | Jun 21, 2013 8:31:59 PM

17. I agree with @jones: Mehlman can go f**k himself.

If this were a just world, he would have to walk around with a brand on his forehead and a scarlet letter on his chest broadcasting what a traitorous POS he is.

Posted by: aneas taint | Jun 22, 2013 5:43:30 PM