Barcelona | Gay Bar | News | Spain

Spain's Hot Summer: VIDEO

1_bimbambum
2_bimbambum
3_bimbambum

The Barcelona bar Bimbambum offers a taste of what a hot summer in the Catolonian city brings out to the city's beaches and may have you rescheduling your summer vacation, to Spain.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. looks like the laundromat is more happening than the beach.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 13, 2013 10:33:00 AM

2. Nice! We got back from sunny Spain a couple of weeks ago. Had a great time! We saw quite a few same-sex couples being openly affectionate all over Madrid. And no one blinked an eye. It's stunning the contrast between Spain and France in this regard.

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 13, 2013 10:34:11 AM

3. Ahhh, I haven't been to Sitges in a long, long time. Might be time to book a return visit!

Posted by: JoyZeeBoy | Jun 13, 2013 10:36:26 AM

4. Ahhhh.... very nice.

Somehow, though, I suspect my "OldBuddhaBellyBoy" would not fare well at "BimBamBum"...

Posted by: Rad | Jun 13, 2013 10:36:36 AM

5. Is it considered unsexy to smile in Barcelona? They all look Bimbambummed out.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jun 13, 2013 10:37:26 AM

6. Confused. Why would you strip your clothes off on a hot sunny day and toss them into a dryer?

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jun 13, 2013 10:46:19 AM

7. I guess with the ridiculously high unemployment, and collapsed economy, there's plenty of time to go to the beach and do the laundry.

@Dastius Krazitauc.

Are you European? Most Europeans do not smile like many Americans do. I think there might be a law outlawing smiling or anything other than a blase male model attitude and body language

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 13, 2013 11:34:10 AM

8. I'm an American living in Mexico, ratbastard. I find a smiling bear far more appealing than a stoic, ripped mannequin.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jun 13, 2013 11:53:49 AM

9. This video was way too salacious for this time of day.
    I don't like being shocked at 9 am. These guys make me want to...be irresponsible.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 13, 2013 12:09:12 PM

10. Smiling or not, Spanish and Catalan men are insanely hot.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Jun 13, 2013 12:16:15 PM

11. "Most Europeans do not smile like many Americans do."
    I was surprised this was even more true in Spain that in some other countries. They seem very formal at times. Though when I spent a semester in the UK, the Spanish students were more friendly to me than the british ones for whatever reason, once they got to know me. The most laid back Europeans in my limited experience are definitely the Italians, and maybe some Bavarians. Perhaps the Brits too but only the ones who don't think themselves posh or consider American openness to be a weakness.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Jun 13, 2013 12:22:03 PM

12. @ EchtKultig,

True. I found Spanish people in general to be quit formal and reserved, rigid actually. And honestly, I don't find them to be particularly friendly either. Of all the nationalities in western Europe, in my experience, I find them to be the most provincial. But Spain is a beautiful country and I am part Spanish,so....I would say in general I was initially surprised by how reserved and formal, rigid many southern Europeans are. I find northern Europeans to be less like this, more relaxed. Interesting.

I also agree with you on Brits, especially the English, and especially those from the south around London. VERY, VERY reserved [cold?] people. Very unfriendly. Not all, of course, but in general. And especially around Americans, for some reason. And my mom was from London [!}, so I'm used to English cultural habits. The Scottish, northern English and Irish less so, but that coldness and [snottiness?] can still be found among a significant population of people. Almost everybody looks depressed and angry. Doesn't really bother me because I'm from NYC and live in Boston, but still. Weather? Dunno.

I find I get along quite well in general with French, Germans and to a lesser extent Italians.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 13, 2013 1:47:45 PM

13. All of those guys have faces that look like slapped asses. I agree with some of the comments, Spanish guys are very hot, too bad they didn't get any.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jun 13, 2013 3:30:13 PM

14. I'm going in August for 17 days OMG sooooo excited !!!!!

Posted by: Murray | Jun 13, 2013 3:55:41 PM

15. Never been to Spain. Beautiful country from what I hear and equally unwelcoming. Especially towards people of color. Not particularly attracted to the mediterranean look so I guess I'm set in that regard. Could it be the 7 century moorish rule and subsequent mixing that caused it? One can only wonder. I figure I'd just do Cuba or Brazil if I crave anything remotely close to the spanish look. I loved Belgium, Germany and France when I visited and would return in a hot minute. East Europe, not so much, western Europe, hell yeah!

Posted by: SHABAKA | Jun 13, 2013 4:38:24 PM

16. I'll be in Barcelona in 9 days and I can guarantee I'll be wearing less on the beach than those dudes are. However, you can go fully nude on their beaches so there will be people wearing less than me. And hopefully I'll be having fun, unlike these guys.

Posted by: Craig | Jun 13, 2013 5:03:07 PM

17. I was really bothered by the fact that the guys in the laundromat didn't just share two washing machines. They didn't even separate colours! They could've placed all the whites in one washer and the colours at the other! That would've saved them at least $3.50.

Posted by: ian | Jun 13, 2013 6:44:54 PM

18. Riiiiiiiiight...because those guys are gonna be at the Beach doing just that. ....gay mean...*ugh*....

Posted by: Kiki | Jun 13, 2013 9:12:44 PM

19. What was it the black woman?

Posted by: Zeta | Jun 13, 2013 9:54:11 PM

20. It's spelled Catalonia. I visca la cultura xarnega catalana :)

Posted by: Bob | Jun 14, 2013 2:23:17 AM

21. Clones, every one of them. Yawn.

Posted by: Andy | Jun 14, 2013 3:02:07 PM

22. The queen had some ashy elbows.

Posted by: Reality | Jun 16, 2013 10:45:03 PM