Australia | Hugh Jackman | I'm Not Gay | News

BigGayDeal.com

Hugh Jackman, Wife Blast 'Stupid' Gay Rumors Again: VIDEO

Jackman

In what has become a biannual event, Hugh Jackman and his wife  Deborra-Lee Furness appeared on Australia's 60 Minutes to roll out complaints about how tired they are of the gay rumors that follow Jackman.

Said Jackman: "If I was [gay], I would be...It's to me not the most interesting thing about a person anyway, but I do get frustrated for Deb, because I see Deb go 'Ah, this is just crazy'."

Said Furness: "It is just wrong, it's like, it's a lie...It's just offensive. If he was gay, fine, he would say he's gay. It has gotten so out of whack … it's stupid, and yeah, it's annoying, because it's not true."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Look! It's a no-win situation.

Posted by: yuninv | Jul 1, 2013 11:34:47 AM

2. I bet he is though, right?

Posted by: Michael W. | Jul 1, 2013 11:38:19 AM

3. Generally I don't like it when stars are defensive about gay rumors, but considering the main fuel behind these rumors is the fact that Hugh's wife is older than him and not particularly thin or beautiful I can't blame her for being annoyed/upset/hurt over the rumors or Hugh for showing concern towards her feelings.

Posted by: JMC | Jul 1, 2013 11:38:19 AM

4. i feel bad for her too, she looks worse than Paula Deen.

Posted by: Cd in DC | Jul 1, 2013 11:38:56 AM

5. Didn't he admit he was bi a year ago?
    That's the extent of anything the press is trying to "divulge".
    I agree with yuninv.

Posted by: Leo | Jul 1, 2013 11:51:15 AM

6. You go on 60 Minutes to repair your reputation, so they must be a bit desperate.

Posted by: anon | Jul 1, 2013 11:51:20 AM

7. She's not that great looking in person - but I do have to say, I think Hugh loves her and he probably is straight. Just a sense.

Posted by: Steve | Jul 1, 2013 11:51:29 AM

8. Whoever did her nose should lose their plastic surgery license. She looks like Latoya Jackson's long lost sister. As far as Hugh's sexuality, that is his business.

Posted by: pedro | Jul 1, 2013 11:56:11 AM

9. why does she even care? she should have just said - no he's not - and he's all mine..and make light of it......move on

Posted by: disgusted american | Jul 1, 2013 11:59:04 AM

10. she kinda looks like Zaa Zaa Gabor back in the early to mid 60's

Posted by: disgusted american | Jul 1, 2013 12:00:06 PM

11. Not only do they have to deal with a bunch of idiotic gay men wishing he was gay, but they also have to deal with a bunch of bitchy queens making comments about her looks? I'd be annoyed as well.

Posted by: Paul | Jul 1, 2013 12:00:20 PM

12. Australian 60 Minutes frequently does puff pieces on celebrities. I'm not sure about the American version, but being on the show doesn't mean he's "desperate" for anything.

Naturally, the comments attack her appearance and her inability to "move on" rather than anything else. The world keeps spinning, I guess.

Posted by: Glenn | Jul 1, 2013 12:04:02 PM

13. It is poor behavior to define others' sexuality to them -- celebrity or no.

I don't like it when someone does it to me -- even when I would use the exact same words. It's just not anyone else's bailiwick but mine own to talk about.

Posted by: Bob R | Jul 1, 2013 12:10:31 PM

14. I feel bad for them. If he was gay, he wouldn't be so supportive of the gay community, he'd just be gay. I think he loves her very much.

Posted by: Kieran | Jul 1, 2013 12:15:33 PM

15. No. If you were gay, you would not simply be gay. Your acting career as a leading man and an action hero would be over. That's the reality of a homophobic world. Just ask John Travolta. Whether you are actually gay or bi is a different story.

Posted by: David in the O.C. | Jul 1, 2013 12:19:08 PM

16. Sorry, wishful thinking, but dude's straight.

Posted by: zeddy | Jul 1, 2013 12:25:48 PM

17. I agree with the others that the gay rumors about him have always been fed by the perceived imbalance in their attractiveness. And because they adopted children when she was infertile. And because she was older.

Its pretty tired and sexist. I've never seen anyone accuse a hot, younger while who adopted or used invitro of being a lesbian or her older hubby of being a prop. And as we want our 'non-traditional' families respected we should repect theirs.

That said- mother of Mary is he a gorgeous man at times. I had too laugh out loud once when Oprah described him as wreaking of masculinity/sex appeal.

Posted by: robroy | Jul 1, 2013 12:25:59 PM

18. Their frustration is quite understandable.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 1, 2013 12:27:26 PM

19. Sorry but history has PROVEN over and over again that where there is smoke there is FIRE! Richard Gere used the same tactics and it never works. Honesty is the best policy. The time for deception is over.

Posted by: SFshawn | Jul 1, 2013 12:27:59 PM

20. If he's not gay, why don't they just ignore the people who say he is? If he's straight and faithful, then his wife gets the last laugh.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 1, 2013 12:46:50 PM

21. I agree. If he is straight and faithful then why would they need to go on TV and blab about it? Looks like a cry for free publicity to me because NO celebrity ever does anything unless it is for publicity or money. Hugh is no exception.

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 1, 2013 12:54:10 PM

22. SFshawn, get a life. Maybe he just loves his wife, and maybe you don't have to sign off on it any more than Maggie Gallagher needs to sign off on your relationship.

Posted by: J Y | Jul 1, 2013 12:58:40 PM

23. @Robroy - "Its pretty tired and sexist. I've never seen anyone accuse a hot, younger [while] who adopted or used invitro of being a lesbian or her older hubby of being a prop. And as we want our 'non-traditional' families respected we should [repect] theirs."

My sentiments exactly! Moreover, who wants to constantly fend off accusations of "lying" [implicitly calling him a liar] and being in a "fraudulent" marriage [she's a beard]?

Anyone faced with that would rightfully be upset.

Posted by: Belthazar | Jul 1, 2013 1:00:13 PM

24. Darn, does this mean that Hugh won't play Molina if/when they film the musical version of "Kiss of the Spider Woman"? (The original, of course, won William Hurt an Oscar.) Well, we can still hope for Neil Patrick Harris, Eddie Redmayne, Jonathan Groff, or someone of that ilk. Would've been more likely to get green-lit with a star of Jackman's magnitude, though.

Posted by: Dback | Jul 1, 2013 1:00:18 PM

25. It comes across as someone trying to cover something up....She apparently is not secure in HIS sexuality.

Posted by: Ted | Jul 1, 2013 1:00:26 PM