Canada | News | Toronto

Homophobic Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Tells Reports He Smoked Crack While in 'Drunken Stupor': VIDEO

Ford

Toronto mayor and major homophobe Rob Ford admitted smoking crack cocaine today in a surprise press conference. "Probably in one of my drunken stupors," he said. "I don’t even remember. Probably in one of my drunken stupors."

Ford has been embattled over the crack charges since reports surfaced of a video in which he is seen smoking it.

The Toronto Star reports:

The news conference came a week after two Star reporters disclosed that they had seen a clear video of Mayor Ford smoking what appeared to be crack from a glass pipe, calling Justin Trudeau, now Liberal leader, a “fag” and his high school football players “f------ minorities.” At that news conference, Ford said he would not comment on a video “that I have never seen or does not exist.”

Watch the press conference, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Exit, stage left.

Posted by: David | Nov 5, 2013 1:15:01 PM

2. So he's an alcoholic that gets drunk enough to smoke crack and not remember it, not a crackhead? That's explains it.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 5, 2013 1:16:08 PM

3. Everything about him is thoroughly repulsive. Halloween is over, dammit!

Posted by: Geoff | Nov 5, 2013 1:22:39 PM

4. "I do not use drugs. Oh but I do smoke crack cocaine" More like a drunken stupid not stupor

Posted by: Jaysonn | Nov 5, 2013 1:25:21 PM

5. eso lo pasa por idiota y mentiroso !
    JAJAAJA

Posted by: xael | Nov 5, 2013 1:25:41 PM

6. His logic goes smoking "stuff" is ok, being gay is wrong, his logic goes out of the window.

Posted by: Matt27 | Nov 5, 2013 1:38:06 PM

7. Oops, I didn't read far enough in his violence-prone mother's story: She has ELEVEN kids.

Posted by: GregV | Nov 5, 2013 1:39:36 PM

8. Sorry, wrong thread.

Posted by: GregV | Nov 5, 2013 1:40:05 PM

9. Great excuse for a mayor! I'm not responsible for my actions cause I was in a drunken stupor the whole time. Probably caused him to be anti-gay, too. Time for Toronto to finally get rid of this big embarrassment.

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 5, 2013 1:40:17 PM

10. I've been to Toronto. Mayor Ford is one of the better citizens of Toronto.

Posted by: Kev C | Nov 5, 2013 1:52:55 PM

11. This is one of the reason I love 'Murikah. Had this happened in the states this swollen genmod turkey would be DONE. The video would leak and he'd hand in his resignation within an hour. His party would turn in him and his colleagues would get him out of office post haste. In Canada tho no one seems to have the authority to just remove him and he clearly lacks the self respect to just leave. He's beyond an embarrassment to a great city and great country.

Posted by: whitneyisadude | Nov 5, 2013 2:02:44 PM

12. Little (but with big chip on shoulder) Kiwi must be so proud. lol

Posted by: Mary | Nov 5, 2013 2:15:48 PM

13. I wish I could say Canadians aren't like this, but many are.

Posted by: Randy | Nov 5, 2013 2:16:42 PM

14. As a politician develops a career, the shady ones also begin to develop an excuse for their inevitable, questionable behavior.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Nov 5, 2013 2:18:16 PM

15. Ford: I just drink 'til I black out, so no problem! I remember smoking that crack that I can't remember smoking.

How on earth does any of that make sense?

Posted by: Nick | Nov 5, 2013 2:36:32 PM

16. Mayor Fraud was only elected due to the greater city's preposterous amalgamation in the 1990s - he won literally no votes in the actual *city* of Toronto, and was voted in by the 'burbs. We have an anti-city mayor voted in by anti-city folks in the city's outer-boroughs, and he's been an embarrassment ever since. That embarrassment, however, has (as to be expected from The Stupids) energized his loyal fanebase of beer-guzzling neanderthals. They don't see shame and hypocrisy in Mayor Fraud - they're too busy being happy that "big city folks with their fancy schmancy educations and full sets of teeth" are frustrated and embarrassed by Mayor Fraud. It's pathetic.

Ford could be filmed having sex with a dead hooker and his loyal fanbase of mouthbreathers would still delight that "it was pissing off liberals".

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Nov 5, 2013 2:36:38 PM

17. btw, best pic of Ford. EVER.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Nov 5, 2013 2:55:55 PM

18. It seems like he's the perfect Mayor for hockey fans.

Posted by: anon | Nov 5, 2013 3:11:12 PM

19. Are we sure this guy isn't a Kennedy?

Posted by: I wont grow up | Nov 5, 2013 3:33:10 PM

20. IF his story is true......Alcohol....the TRUE gateway drug.

Posted by: ToThePoint | Nov 5, 2013 4:09:39 PM

21. I love, though, that "drunken stupors" is being passed off as an excuse for smoking crack. face. palm.

Canadian seem to think it's a reasonable explanation.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Nov 5, 2013 4:16:17 PM

22. CLASSIC B U L L Y and these reporters are like lambs to the slaughter.
    He's completely controlling them. How pathetic. Too much "niceness" in Canada. They need a little moral indignation.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Nov 5, 2013 4:17:53 PM

23. Seriously it amazes me that even in my home country only stupidity reigns supreme in that his polling number have increased. Just what one of the largest metropolitan cities in the world needs is drunken, crack smoking buffoon as the mayor. It's amazing anything ever get done with screwballs like this at the helm. People from Toronto need to give their heads a shake and make it clear that this is beyond acceptable behaviour of a politician.

Posted by: david from Edmonton | Nov 5, 2013 4:34:03 PM

24. First comes the drinking, then comes the crack, and the next logical step is the cocksucking. That train is rarely late.

They gon' learn today...

Posted by: Jerry | Nov 5, 2013 4:40:44 PM

25. Are the morbidly obese more likely to be homophobic? Or just fat politicians like Chris Christie, Rob Ford, Mike Huckabee?

Posted by: Kev C | Nov 5, 2013 4:59:39 PM