Film | News | News Clips | North Dakota | Will Ferrell

Will Ferrell Anchors Entire Bismarck, ND Newscast as Ron Burgundy: VIDEO

Burgundy

In an extended bit of viral marketing, Will Ferrell anchored an entire real-life newscast on Saturday night in Bismarck, North Dakota as his Anchorman character Ron Burgundy. His real-life co-anchors often struggled to keep a straight face.

The AP reports:

No money changed hands, Blumhagen said, and both the movie and television station are garnering significant publicity from the numerous shares on Facebook and Twitter.

Station managers did want some assurances that the stunt wouldn't go too far, and Blumhagen said Ferrell was on board with maintaining the integrity of the newscast.

Schatz, who typically anchors the weekend newscasts alone, said she didn't learn that she'd share the dais until Wednesday. It was a complete surprise to viewers.

Watch the full newscast, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. cute

Posted by: steve | Dec 2, 2013 11:48:29 PM

2. And I thought living in Indianapolis was bad....

Posted by: Eric | Dec 3, 2013 12:40:31 AM

3. Thank FSM I never had to see this on my TV.

Posted by: dw | Dec 3, 2013 12:53:50 AM

4. News at 10: Paint drying!
    This must be why people in rural america watch the invented stories on fox news.
    When nothing is going on, you tune to a station that makes things up.

Posted by: woody | Dec 3, 2013 6:32:06 AM

5. The day before or after, "Ron" was a commentator for the Olympic curling qualifiers here in Canada:

Posted by: Knock | Dec 3, 2013 8:11:44 AM

6. They really need to stop flogging this movie--it's getting out of control. Didn't even the Smithsonian get into the act as part of their newscasters exhibit?

Posted by: Dback | Dec 3, 2013 9:36:12 AM

7. I'm sorry, guys and gals...I just loved it. Goofy, silly, Ron's the total doofus.

If loving campy cross-marketing schemes is wrong...I don't wanna be right!

Posted by: Bear | Dec 3, 2013 11:03:52 AM

8. Sorry but the guy really does little to nothing for me. I don't find his type of humor very funny. The only character I've ever liked of his is the Harry Carey guy - now THAT is funny! LOL!

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Dec 3, 2013 11:07:01 AM

9. I wish he had let loose a little more, the non-news in an apparently peaceful Bismarck was perfect fodder for some real tom-foolery. I have to say that the first Anchorman film made me laugh heartily, like Santa. Ho ho ho. I ho-pe the second one does the same. But Will is a little flat (and probably more than a little tired) in this broadcast. I can't remember when anyone had to flog a film as much as this one. Hope he's getting residuals.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Dec 3, 2013 5:01:15 PM