News: Craig James, Midnight Shift, Shirley MacLaine, Lorde

Road"Cherry tree from space" mystery baffles Japan.

RoadPetition: Christians ask World Vision to reverse anti-gay decision.

Chad_whiteRoadMore of this week's Jeffrey Fashion Cares event from photographer Kevin Tachman.

RoadLorde covers Nirvana.

RoadSeattle Mayor Ed Murray signs letter supporting ousted gay Scoutmaster Geoffrey McGrath: "We believe that Scouting's core message teaches admirable values and respect for others," the letter reads. "The BSA's decision undermines its credibility in claiming those values. It also does tremendous damage to the ability of the Chief Seattle Council to carry out the mission of Scouting in our region."

RoadSTUDY: Face-to-face conversations change minds on marriage equality.

RoadSiriusXM to launch gay sports show: "The live call-in show will be hosted by sports broadcaster Eddie Robinson and will feature interviews with LGBT athletes and LGBT allies as they discuss sports, fitness, and the advancement of openly gay athletes competing in sports at all levels."

RoadShirley MacLaine coming to Glee.

RoadCher put on her best heart-shaped nipple pasties last night.

Craig_jamesRoadFired FOX Sports analyst Craig James, who lost his job over homophobic remarks, is now working for the anti-gay hate group Family Research Council.

RoadSydney's Midnight Shift bar is up for sale.

RoadGay man convicted of murdering his wife and burning body in a garden incinerator after marrying her to hid his sexuality: "Jasvir Ginday, 29, used a vacuum cleaner pipe to strangle Varkha Rani, 24, who was isolated and friendless after arriving in the UK from India following the arranged marriage."

RoadGay Republican Fred Karger speaks to the HuffPost about his 2012 run for President: "I was dismayed by the reaction I got, not just from Victory Fund, but a lot of the LGBT groups, because of my Republican Party registration. And I understand that, because nearly everything bad that has happened in our civil rights movement has come from Republicans. But I think a lot of the sophisticated people understood what I was doing, to hold the Republicans' feet to the fire, to make them include an openly gay candidate. "

RoadScientists are making big breakthroughs in regenerative biology.

RoadLana del Rey releases cover art for new single.

TaylorjohnsonRoadGodzilla's Aaron Taylor-Johnson wears too many clothes for Men's Health.

RoadPolice arrest two in murder of gay Dallas man: "As to whether to brutal murder was an anti-gay hate crime, Carroll said that doesn’t appear to be the case since the two men already in custody are openly gay and in a relationship with each other. Possible motives aren’t being released, he said, because they want the third suspect to confirm what the other two have told authorities."

RoadTrans man's widow wins court pension battle.

RoadVIDEO: Scott Brown announces run for U.S. Senate in New Hampshire.

RoadNC transgender student calls for apology from college: "Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) student Andraya Williams of North Carolina is calling for CPCC to apologize for discriminating against her because she is a transgender woman. Williams was leaving a women's restroom on campus when a CPCC security guard interrogated her. The security guard questioned Williams about her gender, and then told her she was suspended until she could provide "medical proof" of her gender."

Comments

1. Great to see a new gay sports show on the radio. Speed the day when the majority of gay men spend their time talking about football, basketball, and baseball rather than Lady Gaga, Cher, "Girls", and the Oscars.

Posted by: Rick | Apr 11, 2014 3:51:10 PM

2. Is anyone impressed by me? Don't you like how I prove that anti-fem, stereotype-fearing homosexual men are the biggest cowards in our community? I will never show myself and I will never stop my anonymous commenting because the act of doing so shows that gay men who hold my beliefs are the biggest wimps in the USA. I am living proof that the real sissies are the white grown-adult gay men who loathe "gay stereotypes" - after all, if I was so strong and masculine I'd be showing you all, right? But Im neither of those things. I exist to show any young people who read this blog that refusing to overcome your learned internalized homophobia will guarantee you an adulthood wasted, a life barely lived, and nothing but cowardice and anonymous-internet trolling to show for it. Take note, young gays - I am what you don't want to become. A shell of a man, who hates all things gay because he hates himself.

Posted by: Rick | Apr 11, 2014 3:55:56 PM

3. @ "Speed the day when the majority of gay men spend their time talking about football, basketball, and baseball rather than Lady Gaga, Cher, "Girls", and the Oscars."

Speed it up for what, Rick? You'll be dead.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 11, 2014 4:03:20 PM

4. Little Kiwi = Derrick from Philly = Tyler.
    Stop posting under a lot of different names, Little Kiwi, aka, Raymond Miller!

Posted by: Michael | Apr 11, 2014 4:38:41 PM

5. @ Michael,

Sh.t, I wish I was Kiwi or Tyler. They are both about 25 years younger than me (I think).

And who the f.ck are you? Rick's nephew...still in the closet? Get outta' that closet before you get dusty balls...maybe even mildew.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 11, 2014 4:49:48 PM

6. Why do we continue to segregate ourselves with silly concepts like gay shows? It will hopefully flop. Also, I certainly don't want transgenders in there. Transgenders are anti-homosexual.

Posted by: bruce | Apr 11, 2014 4:57:05 PM

7. At first, I thought it was Firefox again. What a surprise it is FOX. It seems that "freedom of speech" is now dead not only in the tech world. Hope FRC pays him well. Probably not.

Posted by: simon | Apr 11, 2014 4:58:07 PM

8. Oh for the love of God, i'm neither tyler nor derrick. I'm raymond miller, i was born in toronto, and i'm not a coward and don't care who knows.

Ain't it great when bigots prove us all right by joining hate groups?

Lovely.

Dear Fred Karger, how did it work for you eh? How many hearts and minds did you change?

and KUDOS to the seattle mayor! THAT is what a great mayor does.

as for worldvision - their recent caving to the religious-right sent one devastatingly ugly and decidedly UN-Christian message: they hate gay people more than they care about folks coming overseas to help others. LITERALLY. they NEED volunteers and yet turned away married gay ones? you hate gays more than you care about the poor. NICE.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 11, 2014 5:04:26 PM

9. Wonder if this Craig James guy can get any future job in the TV industry especially after this highly publicized lawsuit. It seems that people like him will have no choice other than joining hate groups or the Church.

Posted by: simon | Apr 11, 2014 5:33:30 PM

10. Poor Craig James, he got fired before anyone anywhere even spoke out on his hiring at Fox Sports. So how could the gay mafia be behind this one? Where is Andrew Sullivan's inane opinion here? Or maybe it is just that companies don't want to have bigots and hateful people working for them, especially in highly visible positions. That is what the real pattern is here.

Posted by: PDX Guy | Apr 11, 2014 5:55:16 PM

11. But truly, if that cover is going to blare "ARMS & ABS," we need to SEE SOME.

Posted by: Jerry | Apr 11, 2014 6:34:13 PM

12. Lol so I'm apparently Derrick and Kiwi. This is news to me. To think I thought I was myself this whole time. But hey, Bruce/Michael/Rick (whatever name he goes by) is the authority on posting under different names, so who am I to argue?

I know Michael is Rick because Rick is the only person who ever calls kiwi by his real name as though it is an insult. Bruce is certainly Rick because Rick's aliases often put a random transphobic sentiment right at the end of a comment that seemingly disagrees with the two comments he posts (under different names) to let us know it really is just our resident troll.

Posted by: Tyler | Apr 11, 2014 7:51:08 PM

13. Somehow cosmic rays which for the most part are shielded by the Earth's protective atmosphere have mutated the DNA in at least one or more of the instructional building-block genes responsible for growth. This raises many new questions for botanists and others.

The most basic photographs of the "Chujohimeseigan-zakura" SPACE CHERRY TREE at the Ganjoji temple are shown here:

Posted by: Mike | Apr 11, 2014 8:44:44 PM

14. The study proves what the people that made the real efforts to get same sex marriage to pass by popular vote in Maine already knew - years ago.

That talking to the public face to face is what matters.

Anything else is a relative waste of time and money.

Posted by: Buckie | Apr 11, 2014 10:45:57 PM

15. Aaron Taylor-Johnson got buff. I remember him being twinkish in Kickass. In Cap 2, his Pietro looked big which is not what you'd expect given Quicksilver was always drawn so long and lean.

Posted by: Glenn | Apr 12, 2014 4:18:04 AM

16. I love Chad, I can't help it... especially when he's running to me for a loving embrace in that teeny tiny blue Speedos! LOL

Posted by: iban4yesu | Apr 13, 2014 12:34:02 AM

17. Cannot believe how much better Aaron Taylor-Johnson looks. Puberty, I guess, was a painful but very progressive period for him. Nice.

On another subject, Wow! You are looking good, Little Kiwi.

Posted by: Rodney | Apr 13, 2014 1:07:49 PM