Infidelity Starts A Fire In Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not The Only One’ – VIDEO

Mix_b

Gay crooner Sam Smith presents a tale of passion, heartbreak and revenge in the video for his song “I’m Not The Only One.”

It’s a heterosexual heartbreak, but with smeared mascara, backroom banging and a Waiting to Exhale moment with wifey-poo burning the cheater’s clothes on the lawn. The video ends on a curious note, making it defy expectations despite its hackneyed plot.

Plus, anyone who has ever felt suspicious or angry over a cheating lover can totally relate.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP…

Mix_a

Comments

1. says

Yeah! This is a great song. The whole album, “In The Lonely Hour” has hit after hit on it. We haven’t seen something this good since Adele came along. If you buy the album make sure you get the Deluxe version. Nice.

2. petey says

This video is so sappy and horrible. It’s also hetero-normative. Is Sam Smith homophobic about showing two men making love in his video?

At the very minimum, he appears to be pandering to women and the demands of his recording label Capitol.

What a shame that he’s turned out to be such a flake!

3. Jay says

@PETEY I guess it is a step up from Ricky Martin singing about affairs with women. But sympathize with your point. Its been over a decade, lets move on.

4. petey says

God knows, we have enough hetero-normativity thrown at us by the music industry. Do we really need a new gay male singer like Sam Smith taking part in the bombardment?

Couldn’t Sam just make a video where he’s singing on a stage? Why do we have to see images of straight actors making out?

Did Sam himself authorize this nonsense? George Michael was following a similar marketing strategy 30 years ago.

5. MickyFlip says

Loving his voice. But then I thought he was very talented from Disclosure brothers when he did Latch. So I’m very happy they both success from that one song. He is an amazing vocalist full of soul. I have to admit… The UK is just brimming with lots of musical talent over there lately.

6. MickyFlip says

7. Malo. says

So we have the “gay police” here now? Is it not enough that he is gay and out but his videos have to include/portray gays too? Nonsense. Amateur politics and activism I say. (Hetero-normative? Is this church propaganda? Paid by a government? Education tool? No. No. No. Fail.) Grow up people. Let him be. Everybody knows he is a gay man. A wonderful album. An amazing talent. I hope he enjoys a long and healthy life and career. He could be a true role model for generations to come.

8. petey says

Why has Sam Smith gone all hetero on us? Record company pressure? Couldn’t he have made a gender-neutral video? Just singing on a stage would have sufficed. No need for all this pandering hetero fluff.

9. NOTICE says

i don’t care that they decided to go hetero with the video, but i wish someone would produce a linear series of videos of the entire album telling it’s story of unrequited love and heartbreak. It is a brilliant album- especially from someone who has never had a boyfriend. He is like the white (pop) version of Michael Kiwanuka- his sound is far beyond his age or experience.

10. SpaceCadet says

Chris Messina! I’ve had my eye on him ever since Six Feet Under. They really got some star power in this vid between him and Dianna Agron. Not one of my favorite cuts on the album but still great. And for those of you whining about hetero-normative this and that, Smith’s video for Leave Your Lover is about him longing after the male actor.

11. Lefil says

It’s sad that he has proven that openly gay singers have to sing about heterosexual love stories to continue being ‘profitable’ in the showbiz industry. Real acceptance will only come when hesitant straight people are confronted with gay artists who dare to show gay relationships in their music videos.