Conan O'Brien | Laverne Cox | Lea DeLaria | News | Television

Laverne Cox and the 'Orange is the New Black' Cast Take Over Conan: VIDEO

Cox_conan

Conan O'Brien devoted his entire show last night to Orange is the New Black, inviting seven members of its cast to their first-ever group late night appearance.

Laverne Cox opened the show, which was attended by a group of actual hardened criminals, by discussing a makeover for Conan. Taylor Schilling and Uzo Aduba talked about their crazy fight scene, and Aduba taught Conan to make crazy eyes. Kate Mulgrew says Conan once almost ruined her career by forcing her to perform an Irish jig. Cox talked about her TIME magazine cover, giving trans people a voice, and her brother who is sometimes mistaken for her. Finally, Lea Delaria explains how she taught Natasha Lyonne about lesbian sex.

Watch all the clips (if video thumbnail does not appear, click through on title),
AFTER THE JUMP...

Oitnb_2

Comments

1. I have to give it to Delaria, that bit she did demo-ing lesbian sex had me roaring out loud with laughter.

Posted by: Dback | Aug 5, 2014 11:15:58 AM

2. Dear trannies,MTF if you had a female brain (first of all what is a female brain) in a male body, why can't the female brain tell the body to start producing female hormones.

Posted by: bruno | Aug 5, 2014 11:19:20 AM

3. Notice how the disgusting "transwoman" has to be seated closest to Conan. They crave attention and are aggressive when they don't get it.

BTW, this makes not one but 2 Laverne Cox posts on Towleroad in the last 12 hours. Andy Towle must be desperate for any trans content that doesn't involve prostitution or murder.

Posted by: Leanne | Aug 5, 2014 1:10:01 PM

4. I hadn't seen the original CONAN broadcast, and wouldn't have known about it. It was fun to watch. THanks, Andy.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 5, 2014 1:42:41 PM

5. Bruno (Rick, we know it's you because you're the only person throwing the word "trannies" around on this site):

if you had an LGBT brain, why can't you stop hating LGBT people?

Oh right, the mental illness that is trolling trumps all.

Troll on you wimpy coward.

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 5, 2014 1:50:51 PM

6. there's a huge gay revolution going on in africa, african gays are coming out to fight and die for their rights, but where are the trannies, where are they.they sit back and relax while all the gays go out and fight and get killed, then when the food its ready, they come out and they want to eat the largest portion.

Posted by: bruno | Aug 5, 2014 2:11:33 PM

7. there's a huge gay revolution going on in africa, african gays are coming out to fight and die for their rights, but where are the trannies, where are they.they sit back and relax while all the gays go out and fight and get killed, then when the food its ready, they come out and they want to eat the largest portion.

Posted by: bruno | Aug 5, 2014 2:11:53 PM

8. also, my dad made me dress up like a girl and dance on his lap. i loved dancing on his lap, but i wish he'd have let me dress like a real boy.

Posted by: bruno | Aug 5, 2014 2:13:03 PM

9. BRUNO (RICK),

people in Africa probably don't know the difference between Gay and Transgender any more than they do in Idaho. It's all the same thing to them.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 5, 2014 2:15:46 PM

10. @derrick you are so foolish are you calling africans dumb, I'm not surprised almost all white gay people are racist, towleroad pls post my comments, stop deleting them,

Posted by: bruno | Aug 5, 2014 2:19:05 PM

11. I am black but I feel like a white man trapped in a black man's body, I don't like fried chicken and rap music, so what should I do? I should buy harsh chemicals and start bleaching my skin, wear blue contact lens and colour my hair blonde, that my friends its what we black people call "self hate",I can look white outside but I still have a black man bones, and I hope when I change all my credentials to white I will finally enjoy all the white privileges,

Posted by: bruno | Aug 5, 2014 2:23:37 PM

12. There was a real lesbian on this show, but you didn't put her as the header of this article, WHY?

Posted by: bruno | Aug 5, 2014 2:24:37 PM

13. @derrick you are so foolish and a racist prick , are you calling african dumb, I'm not surprised, almost all white gay people are racist,

Posted by: bruno | Aug 5, 2014 2:25:41 PM

14. @ BRUNO,

LOL. Rick, it's time for lunch. Get away from the keyboard before you pee on yourself.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 5, 2014 2:41:35 PM

15. leanne you need to get laid. or perhaps layed under a pile of bricks. lol.

Posted by: Jesse | Aug 5, 2014 3:47:53 PM

16. I find it interesting. Some of those jokes could have read a little transphobic, but it was all done without a blink? Yet RuPaul's good natured pun set off a firestorm? So weird and selective...

Posted by: pablo | Aug 5, 2014 3:48:07 PM