Afghanistan | Ben Affleck | Boy Scouts | Brazil | Canada | Florida | Health | Hugh Jackman | India | Iraq | Jimmy Kimmel | Matthew McConaughey | New York | News | Orlando Bloom | Playing Gay | Prince Harry | Texas | Underwear

News: Prince Harry, Eagle Scout, Wolverine, Orlando Bloom

road.jpg Vigil against violence to be held today in Fort Lauderdale at 4:30pm: "Join the coalition of community leaders and organizations as we gather to remember Simmie Williams and stand up against the rising tide of violence for a memorial service at the murder site at the 1000 block of Sistrunk Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale."

Princeharryafghanistanroad.jpg Prince Harry has been fighting undercover in Afghanistan for the past 10 weeks: "The news of his operational posting leaked out following the breakdown of a news blackout agreement with the media when the story was posted on the US-based Drudge Report website. The chief of the general staff, Sir Richard Dannatt, who is head of the British army, expressed disappointment over the leak. 'I am very disappointed that foreign websites have decided to run this story without consulting us,' he said. 'This is in stark contrast to the highly responsible attitude that the whole of the UK print and broadcast media, along with a small number overseas, who have entered into an understanding with us over the coverage of Prince Harry on operations.' Dannatt, who had opposed Harry's deployment to Iraq, went on to praise the prince's performance on deployment."

road.jpg Orlando Bloom is tired of complaints about his natural manly scent.

road.jpg NYC sees surge in gay syphilis cases: "After seeing the number of syphilis cases remain stable in 2004 and 2005 then decrease in 2006, the city health department is reporting that syphilis cases increased by 60 percent in 2007 over 2006, with that growth due to new infections among gay and bisexual men."

Punjabi_5road.jpg Bollywood actor rejected: not gay enough to play a fashionista. Kushal Punjabi: "I really got along well with Madhur. He's my kind of director. But I really didn't see myself in that role at all. I'd like to work with directors like Madhur who look at actors as actors and not as stars."

road.jpg Ben Affleck discusses his revenge sex video with Jimmy Kimmel: "You couldn't really do it half-speed. You had to be painting toes and blow-drying hair. At one point we were going to take a bath together, but the bubbles couldn't get high enough, so that ended up getting scrapped. The little outfits, the short shorts, the hands in the pockets -- it wouldn't have been funny if you didn't really commit to it."

road.jpg Underwear day takes over Brazilian capital.

road.jpg Gay Canadian Health Minister Smitherman criticized for proposing to wear adult diaper as test in response to nursing home 'filth' issues: "Opposition politicians, the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) and a nursing home association said Smitherman's plan to test drive a diaper shows he doesn't understand the issue is about staffing levels – not diaper technology. 'For him to suggest that's his answer is a disgrace,' said Progressive Conservative Leader John Tory. 'It's some kind of a sideshow he seems determined to put on when, in fact, I think people in Ontario would say: 'George Smitherman, do something about it. Let's see the revolution you promised in long-term care.''"

Jackmanclawsroad.jpg Hugh Jackman: the claws come out.

road.jpg Fans go wild: New video of the pint-size breakdancing Beckham.

road.jpg Matthew McConaughey wins mag's honors for mightiest mammaries.

road.jpg Texas governor Rick Perry holds book-signing for Boy Scout tome: "Perry's tour to promote the book has garnered national attention. The book debuted at No. 1 on The Washington Post's best-seller list for hardcover nonfiction in Washington-area bookshops. His office touted that achievement the day after The New York Times Magazine published an interview in which Perry said scouting was about building character and not about sex. The word 'homosexual,' he said, suggests that gay people are focused on sex."

road.jpg Eagle Scout leaves organization disgusted by anti-gay policies: "I am ashamed an organization to which I owe so much has chosen to take such a myopic stance on this issue and hides behind a legal veil to exclude gay Scouts."

road.jpg Wired publishes disturbing new photos from Abu Ghraib (warning: extremely graphic)

Comments

1. Ben Affleck's so right. That part when he and Jimmy Kimmel almost kiss was OMFG so fucking funny. I also loved the cutoffs, the toenail painting, the posing beside fruit (fruit, big fruits, geddit?) and the million other evergreen fag jokes that were so side splittingly funny.

Will they get brutally gay bashed in the sequel? That'd be a real hoot!

Posted by: FASTLAD | Feb 28, 2008 1:05:50 PM

2. Way to go Prince Harry! I hope the conservative Drudge Report has not compromised his safety and the safety of those serving with him by breaking the news blackout so Harry could service his country with honor and distinction. Shame on Drudge, but what else should be expect from the conservative idiot but clear unadulterated hypocrisy.

Posted by: Bojo | Feb 28, 2008 1:20:50 PM

3. Question on the Wired photos of Abu Ghraib; how current are those photos? Many look like identical photos posted when the prison management was first brought to light. I would like to think our armed forces would have addressed the human rights violations by now.

Posted by: Rad | Feb 28, 2008 1:41:22 PM

4. I don't know what's worse: Orlando Bloom's stank or the nasty fvcker that wrote the dlisted article.

Posted by: Shane | Feb 28, 2008 1:43:26 PM

5. I have the absolute, sincerest respect and admiration for the Royal family and the image of strength, courage and honor they are portraying to the world. They are the real deal; genuine of their convictions to protect and serve.

I wish more of our world... and our country's... leadership would follow their example.

It's a shame; if Chelsea would have put her hedge fund management career on hold for a tour of duty in the US armed forces, Hillary would be selecting possible cabinet members now instead of nipping at Obama's heels trying to catch up.

Posted by: Rad | Feb 28, 2008 1:49:58 PM

6. I've had asshole straight guys making fun of me my whole life, so sorry, maybe it's just too sensitive, but I get pretty pissed off when a couple of C and/or D list straight actors make fun of gays, and me by way of my being gay, for some free publicity. I found the whole thing to be pretty sickening in the context of where pointing and laughing at swishy fags can lead. "Will they get brutally gay bashed in the sequel? That'd be a real hoot!" Spot on Fastlad!

Posted by: TroyTooner | Feb 28, 2008 2:07:26 PM

7. A little background info on actor Kushal Punjabi's 'gay' credentials (take that as you will), which makes his rejection all the more amusing.

Originally a model (practically all current bollywood actors started out as pageant winners), his first mainstream role was as a scene queen in "Bombay Boys"... it's the first man-on-man scene I recall in Bollywood (shirts off and kissing). He later gets bashed (another first for a bollywood film).

Then there's the 90's short film, Bomgay. Rahul Bose (a prominent actor) sees him in the library, and daydreams of them doing it on the table. :)

Kushal Punjabi has also been choreographing India's premier beauty pageant, Miss India, for many years now.

It doesn't get any gayer than that, people.

Posted by: Rohan | Feb 28, 2008 2:26:44 PM

8. I've never liked Drudge, but this reporting on Prince Harry has led me to actively despise him. He should be ashamed of himself, and god forbid something happens to Harry or one of his fellow soldiers, Drudge should be held responsible. Very very poor judgement.

Posted by: secretagentman | Feb 28, 2008 2:31:49 PM

9. I believe the Abu Ghraib pictures are just more that weren't released at the time because they're so offensive. But I don't understand why a lot of the guys (say, the one covered in what is either shit or mud) don't look Iraqi/Arabic.

On a lighter note, good god I want to go to Brazil.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 28, 2008 2:50:56 PM

10. I was a Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Explorer. Two of the guys (both straight) I met as an 8 year old cub scout are still close friends 51 years later! Like many gay kids, I was "different" - in my case not particularly effeminate, but not into team sports, kind of creative right-brained sort interested in botany instead of baseball (hated baseball.) The Boy Scouts gave me a contact to the culture of other boys that I would never have had otherwise. It was a positive experience in my life. I began to understand that I was not a freak.
    What pisses me off is the discrimination against gay scouts - the kids. I don't care if gay adults get to be leaders - but the kids are being vilified by the morons at BSA headquaters. That's criminal.

Posted by: dave | Feb 28, 2008 2:55:31 PM

11. Anyone who thinks that Sir Harry Windsor is doing anything other than playing a British version of G.I. Joe in Afghanistan (or paintball for upper class knobs, if you will) is deluding themselves.

He'll be kept far, far from danger. Maybe they'll let him take a few pot shots at the towel heads, what?

But they wouldn't want the P.R. disaster of a dead English price.

Posted by: FASTLAD | Feb 28, 2008 3:11:14 PM

12. I knew he was gonna blow it. Would have been so much funnier if Ben didn't feel the need to explain.

Posted by: Scott | Feb 28, 2008 3:12:46 PM

13. Bad enough I visit my favorite site (this one) and am bombarded with pictures of these detestable Beckhams, but now I have to read about their devil spawn? Enough of this talentless family and let’s move on.

Fastlad, I tend to agree regarding Prince Harry, that Royal publicity photo notwithstanding.

Scott, despite that, it's still a hilarious video.

Posted by: jeffreychrist | Feb 28, 2008 4:30:18 PM

14. Right, because Heterosexuals are only focused on sex too, right, like us homosexuals.

Go Rick Perry........go all the way into busy traffic. k thx

Posted by: Patch | Feb 28, 2008 4:33:43 PM

15. What was Drudge thinking? Is it his complete disregard for someone's safety or his drive to be THE person with the SCOOP that led him to divulge Prince Harry's location? It is time for some accountability for this Drudge!!! If Prince Harry is injured or God Forbid, killed, what will the honorable Drudge do? Apologize? Write a retraction? Say 'Oops'? Write a puff piece on how good the Prince was? People who find his actions disturbing should send MR. Drudge an email. Let him know. It is unforgivable, and if we do not say something, we will have given this despicable behavior tacit approval.

Posted by: Reggie | Feb 28, 2008 7:15:44 PM

16. Drudge is, and always has been, a scumbag.

Posted by: Zeke | Feb 28, 2008 7:32:07 PM

17. @FASTLAD, JEFFREYCHRIST

You can read about exactly what Prince Harry has been deployed to do in the guardian.co.uk articles accessible via the link. It's not going door-to-door in Iraq battling insurgents but it's not exactly a picnic either.

Posted by: RJ | Feb 28, 2008 11:43:21 PM