2012 Election | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Jon Stewart | Military | News | Republican Party | Rick Santorum

Jon Stewart Rips Rick Santorum on 'DADT', GOP Boos of Gay Soldier: VIDEO

Dadt_stewart

As he returned last night, last week's GOP debate provided Jon Stewart with plenty of material to blast, first and foremost the debate audience's booing of a gay soldier serving in Iraq.

"I give the audience a lot of credit. It takes a lot of balls to boo a guy who could stick your head in his biceps and crack it like a walnut."

Stewart also took Rick Santorum to task for his announcement that he would reinstate 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'.

"What planet do you f**king live on?"

Watch Stewart go to town, AFTER THE JUMP...

More Stewart, on how the Republican primary is like a season of American Idol in reverse, where candidates keep getting added:

Comments

1. Brilliant.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 27, 2011 9:10:03 AM

2. GOP and ADD, 'bout sums it up

Posted by: tim | Sep 27, 2011 9:53:57 AM

3. The audience was probably a collection of various candidate supporters bused in to participate. Or even campaign workers. The average GOP voter probably just wants gay soldiers to magically disappear so they don't have to think about it.

Posted by: anon | Sep 27, 2011 11:26:23 AM

4. I actually watched and LISTENED, CLOSELY, to the 'booing' clip. He wasn't booed when he said he was a gay soldier, he was booed [by it sounded like at most 2 people] when he started talking about turning back the clock and the repeal of DADT. So, this whole 'incident' is contrived, IMHO. There are many real examples of legitimate anti-gay hate and discrimination. It isn't necessary to make up fake outrages.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 27, 2011 11:41:37 AM

5. I actually saw Ratbastard's comment and I READ IT, CLOSELY. He obviously approves of the closet and the denial of free speech to our soldiers, because he says it's not a big problem to boo the return of free speech to the military.

Posted by: Bakeley | Sep 27, 2011 11:53:09 AM

6. Sometimes I can't figure out if Ratbastard is more Rat or more Bastard. And then I just throw up my hands and say "What a perfect name!"

Posted by: StillmarriedinCA | Sep 27, 2011 11:58:08 AM

7. ratbastard has capers for testes. fact.

same with RICK/Jason.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 27, 2011 12:00:57 PM

8. I actually saw Ratbastard's comment and I READ IT, CLOSELY. He obviously approves of the closet and the denial of free speech to our soldiers, because he says it's not a big problem to boo the return of free speech to the military.

Posted by: Bakeley | Sep 27, 2011 11:53:09 AM

=====================

Ratbastard of course said nothing of the kind.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 27, 2011 12:09:05 PM

9. @LITTLE KIWI

For some reason, because of your mentioning of testes and your user name, I pictured a person who has kiwis for testicles. It seemed appropriate. I'm slightly aroused.

Posted by: Eric26 | Sep 27, 2011 12:10:20 PM

10. Booing the gay soldier aside, when asked a question by a soldier, the first thing Santorum or any of them should say is "Thank you for your service" not "I would say any type of sexual activity has no place."

Posted by: GK | Sep 27, 2011 12:14:24 PM

11. Yeah, I think GK has a point. Let's not forget Frothy's part in all of this. Also, don't forget to google you know what today everyone.

Posted by: Cocoamonk | Sep 27, 2011 12:18:27 PM

12. Let's not forget that Jon got the bicep comment right . . . impressive.

Posted by: Alan | Sep 27, 2011 2:23:31 PM

13. Frothy Bastard is a loser and a mindless slave to anything the Catholic Church tells him. he does not have a single original thought , just like the Moose Palin he craves the publicity and should just crawl into whatever hole he cam out of.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 27, 2011 2:23:33 PM

14. Brilliant Stewart!!!
    BTW ignore the rat and he will go the way of the tank.

Posted by: The Iron Orchard | Sep 27, 2011 4:12:23 PM

15. Ratbastard is of course repeating verbatim what Megyn Kelly said on Fox News. That at most it 2 people booing and that they were booing the question not the soldier.

Rat, get a life and get your own ideas.

Posted by: gary | Sep 27, 2011 5:42:55 PM

16. Santorum has never looked as ridiculous as in that clip. How can this moron even imagine that he can be President of anything?!

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 27, 2011 6:30:45 PM

17. @Gary,

I don't watch Fox News. In fact, I don't watch TV at all except on rare occasions. Neither did I hear 'talking points' on the radio, internet, or newspaper, etc.

I watched the raw video online. That's it.

Stop being a shill, Gary. Get some original ideas [I know, that's hard for a gay 'progressive'], and think out of the box. Be your own man, etc.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 27, 2011 7:53:29 PM

18. @jaragon..."Santorum has never looked as ridiculous as in that clip. How can this moron even imagine that he can be President of anything?!" You do remember George W. Bush, do you not??

Posted by: Paul | Sep 27, 2011 10:03:38 PM

19. @Rat

You literally just repeated my complaint towards you instead of providing an actual response. Don't project your talking points parroting issue onto me.

Posted by: gary | Sep 28, 2011 7:34:37 AM