Comments

1. says

I encourage every reader to sign the complaint form. This is the same tactic Prop 8 supporters used to pass Prop 8. Let’s stop it in its tracks and have all of the signatures gathered by this group declared null and void.

2. Dan says

Yikes, the other day in Santa Monica I passed two young men in front of Ralphs, they were holding clipboards and yelling, “Do you support gay marriage?” to passers-by. I wonder if they were actually trying to collect signatures for this repeal.

3. stevenelliot says

I live here in Cali and its a study in contrasts. Its hard to believe (or maybe not after prop 8) that this state has a lot of very right wing people in it. Even in LA.

4. TommyOC says

@StevenElliot: I’m gonna assume that you’re not a lifer, since you call the place “Cali” – same reason why out-of-towners can be picked out when they call it “‘Frisco.”

In any event, you’re wrong about the number of “very right wing” people who live in California.

Up north – north of San Francisco, all the way to the state of “Jefferson” (look it up) – you have a lot of conservatives that are more libertarian than republican.

In the Bay Area, it’s more liberal as one would expect.

In the Central Valley, you have a lot of what most people would call “mainstream GOP” types. Not radical, just conservative in every way.

Southern California – from LA down to San Diego, exempting GOP-conservative Orange County – is liberal, made up of traditional libs and also a special kind of liberal: liberals who are liberal in public policy but conservative in social policy. They voted for Obama and Brown but also voted for Proposition 8.

5. stevenelliot says

@ TommyOC Gosh! you and the other 5 people who are “lifers” of california can celebrate that! I was told if youve been in Cali for a year, youre a lifer. In regards to your comments, I moved from south carolina to apple valley, ca in san bernardino county. And Ill tell you this, my friend, SB, Riverside, and Kern counties might as well be attached to Arizona. In fact Oklahoma would be a better fit. South Carolina was conservative with manners. The eastern parts of southern california are sarah palin, “batshit crazy” Bachman, conservative. I now live in LA. Ive been in Cali for 4.5 years. My partner is a head of school at a private school. Ive encountered bigots here that would make south carolinians blush. Everywhere. They hide their stripes in LA, but in places like Palmdale or Lancaster? They are outright and proud of their hatred for minorities and the government. Theyre poor and uneducated for the most part. And they blame their woes on us liberals

6. true that says

in most of the United States it is perfectly legal to have sex with teenagers of a certain age – and in many places heterosexual woman can legally marry and have sex with 14 year old boys, 15 year old boys and 16 year old boys ….. we live in a madhouse in America when this guy has an audience