Aaron Rogers | I'm Gay | Madison | News | Radio | Wisconsin

Radio DJ Aaron Rogers Comes Out as Gay on the Air: VIDEO

Aaron_rogers

Nothing like a good coming out on National Coming Out Day!

Aaron Rogers, a radio DJ at Madison, Wisconsin's Z-104 told his listeners yesterday that he would now be living his life as an openly gay man.

Said Rogers to his listeners:

"For anyone listening right now, know that you are not alone and that it's okay to feel the way that you do. Life is very short. Know that  you are loved, appreciated, and respected by more people than you realize. It really does get better, and you have my support always."

Watch his coming out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. proud moment. another brother standing up to be counted.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 12, 2012 12:28:50 PM

2. Good for you Aaron... you're brave and it will make a huge difference in the lives of LGBT youth and adults. You probably saved a few young lives just by doing this!

Posted by: belo | Oct 12, 2012 1:21:43 PM

3. Lord. I missed the "DJ". I thought it was the Packers' quarterback coming out.

Well, DJ Aaron is probably even better :-)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 12, 2012 1:28:12 PM

4. Bravo, Aaron!

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Oct 12, 2012 1:42:35 PM

5. Good for Aaron Rogers. I also appreciate that his colleague was so supportive of him.

Posted by: voet | Oct 12, 2012 1:47:07 PM

6. people still listen to terrestrial radio?

Posted by: EO | Oct 12, 2012 1:50:05 PM

7. he looks cute.. is he single?!?!

Posted by: R | Oct 12, 2012 2:47:53 PM

8. Did he follow it up with Diana Ross "I'm Coming Out"??? I hope so, I love that song!

Posted by: Lucas H | Oct 12, 2012 2:50:16 PM

9. The Packers' quarterback is Aaron Rodgers, not Aaron Rogers.

Congratulations Aaron!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Oct 12, 2012 2:53:54 PM

10. Yay!!! The momentum is gathering! I love this!!!

Posted by: Geoff | Oct 12, 2012 3:53:17 PM

11. Yeah, I thought for a moment it was the Packers quarterback. That would have been so awesome. Anyway, happy for this guy. Good luck to him.

Posted by: terry | Oct 12, 2012 5:46:26 PM

12. Awesome, Aaron! Congrats!

Posted by: Francis | Oct 12, 2012 6:04:34 PM

13. Aaron if you don't have an adoring boyfriend right now you're going to have one in about ten immediate minutes. Consider it done.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 12, 2012 11:01:00 PM

14. Congratulations! Hopefully it will inspire lots of people in and around Madison, to realize it is natural and that even more of you down in the US will join us up here in Canada where it has been a "non-issue" for years. Another step closer to the 21st Century in US.

Posted by: Darrell | Oct 13, 2012 3:11:22 AM

15. Gosh he's cute. And she's supportive. But what on earth is she doing SCREAMING multiple times? If she did that on a regular basis, I'd be complaining to the station!

Posted by: Billy | Oct 13, 2012 12:00:03 PM

16. @Billy: I assume that's the station's format.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Oct 13, 2012 12:12:03 PM

17. Welcome to the World of the Out. It's a damn good place to be. Well done, tasteful and direct. I hope and trust your listeners will respond well, though a few boogers will talk smack. Let 'em talk, honey, they just jealous. Wahoo!

Posted by: sparklekittens | Oct 13, 2012 4:29:03 PM

18. It does not diminish Aaron Rogers' courage to point out that Madison is a very open and affirming city. When the "Rev." Phelps came to Madison, several years ago, to protest some event, yard signs appeared everywhere in town saying, "Madison supports its gay and lesbian community." I'm really proud to live here.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Oct 14, 2012 7:29:14 PM