Comments

1. says

I would have passed out. Mr. Takei is one of the coolest (and most hilarious) people in our entire community and I just love him to bits.

2. says

That was really endearing. Something about this brave kids reaction coupled with how this all went down really got to me. Thanks for sharing. So proud of our community for continuing to stand tall.

3. Gerald Bellin says

Excellent! And the kid is learning. He correctly describes Takei as a Japanese gay man. Not a transsexual. Not a transvestite. Not a hybrid LGBT entity, which doesn’t exist in the real world. But a gay man. I now officially love the kid and George Takei!

4. says

This kid is wonderful, and Takei is a gem. I’m continually astounded by the strength and resiliency of these young people to proudly and openly stand up in solidarity with the diverse LGBT Communities.

well done, young’un!

5. Jase says

Jacob gets even more and more awesome. Kudos to him for being a teenager and STILL knowing that queer pop history did not begin with Glee.

6. Edward says

When George Takie becomes idol material, you see just how fragile today’s gay community really is. Did Anderson explain why it took him so many years to come out?

7. says

Edward, you’re more than free to post a URL to show yourself as an openly gay man who doesn’t care who knows it.

How long will it take for us to see this video?

8. SouthJerseySteve says

Every time I see a young guy or gal come out the way Jacob did, I get misty eyed and very proud of the next generation of LGBT youth.

In reply to Edward, George didn’t come out until later in life because he wasn’t ready to come out to the Public audience, he’s been out to his friends/family/colleagues for years! Don’t dish on someone until you see things from their perspective (it’s a generational thing). Hopefully, other responses will be even more eloquent than I.

9. says

…aaaaand there you go again, calling Jacob a “gay teen” when he never came out as such. Please stop doing that.