Marco Rubio | News | Republican Party

Marco Rubio Jokes About His Dry Mouth Disaster: VIDEOS

Steph_rubio

Marco Rubio made the rounds this morning to talk about his response to the State of the Union address, but mainly the water.

Explained Rubio to George Stephanopoulos on GMA:

Doocy_rubioSaid Rubio to Steve Doocy on Fox & Friends:

"My mouth got dry, and I had to get some water. You know, when you give a speech on a podium and the water is right there,  but when you don’t, you start looking around thinking, 'Where am I going to get the water?' I figured I was better off just taking that water and taking the hit for it then being unable to pronounce my words. It’d been a long day at work, we’d already done an 18-minute recording in Spanish — and you know, my mouth got dry, what can I say? But I was happy overall with what we were able to deliver."

And Morning Joe called it a "cheap shot" but then said Rubio had "performance issues".

Said Mika Brzezinski:

"I think there were performance issues. These things happen when you don’t really know what you’re saying or believe what you’re saying or feel what you’re saying."

Watch all the clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. Then at least have your staffers put the water in a glass.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 13, 2013 10:00:04 AM

2. It's good that he can laugh at himself. He better get used to it too, it's a long road to '16.

Posted by: oliver | Feb 13, 2013 10:08:33 AM

3. Talk about holier than thou. Could a politician leave out "God" every time they utter, jeebus! Whose God is he talking bout anyway?

Posted by: kodiak | Feb 13, 2013 10:17:53 AM

4. Joe Scarborough is a tool. If that had been Joe Biden instead of Marco Rubio he'd be running the water clip on a loop all day. It's funny. It doesn't make him a bad person, and frankly Rubio is lucky that people are focused on this and not the idiotic crap he had to say.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Feb 13, 2013 10:46:55 AM

5. Lying makes people thristy.

Posted by: Mike in nyc | Feb 13, 2013 10:52:47 AM

6. And of course he has to bring god into it. What a nutbag

Posted by: Steve | Feb 13, 2013 10:53:40 AM

7. Scarborough told Mika not to go there but i think it was Ford who kept it going; i'm sure Joe gave him a chewing out afterward. when they showed it i really went 'WTF'; that was really bad.

Joe finally said something like you don't do that if you're running for university president; Mike said something like, 'Even fraternity president.' lol...

Posted by: mike/ | Feb 13, 2013 10:57:23 AM

8. Honestly, it wasn't just the water bottle grab...he was falling apart mid way through, with the lip licking and the brow wiping and the mouth grabbing. It wasn't just one moment, it was the entire performance. Plus the content of his speech was hideous and unintelligent.

Posted by: Shane | Feb 13, 2013 10:59:53 AM

9. We're not laughing with you, Rubio, We're laughing at you.

Posted by: Emmy | Feb 13, 2013 11:29:05 AM

10. "I needed water, what am I going to do? God has a funny way of reminding us we’re human."

Oh for f*ck's sake. He can't just say "I was thirsty," he has to bring god into it?! Yes, Marco, you're exactly right. "God" took time out of his busy day of not miraculously curing cancer patients to make your mouth dry. Because you're so special and all.

@ss.

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 13, 2013 11:59:17 AM

11. Does he have such an ego that he needs to be reminded he's human?

Posted by: jawole | Feb 13, 2013 12:19:39 PM

12. Does he have such an ego that he needs to be reminded he's human?

Posted by: jawole | Feb 13, 2013 12:19:43 PM

13. Hope he has taken a dump before going on camera. Otherwise the same sh** will get out from both ends.

Posted by: simon | Feb 13, 2013 12:30:36 PM

14. He had some water after talking for an hour. Why is this an issue to anyone? Does anyone want to discuss the substance of what he said?

Posted by: Phil | Feb 13, 2013 12:56:19 PM

15. He didn't speak for an hour. He was talking to millions of people. There are ways to coat your throat/voice that should be known to any major politician. It was an awkward body move that made him look odd. He drank from a plastic bottle. It looked like product endorsement. People don't like lying hypocrites. You need more reasons?

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 13, 2013 1:16:07 PM

16. What substance? Same GOP bs.

Posted by: simon | Feb 13, 2013 1:16:48 PM

17. I'd call this scraping the bottom of the barrel, but he did manage to imply that normally he does not think himself human.

Posted by: anon | Feb 13, 2013 1:18:25 PM

18. OK. Let's talk "substance". Mario once said :"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries." He talked about opportunities he had growing up in the US. He obviously hasn't made good use of those opportunities to educate himself.

Posted by: simon | Feb 13, 2013 1:28:35 PM

19. Jindal-Rubio faceoff...who can degrade the GOP message the most?

Posted by: sword | Feb 13, 2013 2:15:34 PM

20. Remember that time Ted Kennedy made Mary Jo Kopechne drink all that water? #careerender

Posted by: bareback rider | Feb 13, 2013 5:52:37 PM

21. Oh, oh, goodie! Let's play "Remember when..." Remember when this country wasn't billions of dollars in debt, the way Clinton left it? Remember when we weren't fighting not one but TWO useless wars, for over a decade now? Remember when gas was $1.45 a gallon? Remember what housing prices were before the literal "house of cards" of the GWB economy came crashing down, during his time in office, no less? I do. I remember a lot. Reagan sucked and Paul Harvey was a total fraud. Those two are thrown in as a free bonus...enjoy.

Posted by: millerbeach | Feb 14, 2013 3:52:44 AM