Tim Tebow Cancels Appearance at Anti-Gay Extremist Megachurch

TebowFootball player Tim Tebow today canceled an April appearance at First Baptist Dallas megachurch, a place of worship whose pastor Robert Jeffress has made extremist statements about Roman Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, gays and lesbians and President Obama.

Apparently Tebow caught a whiff of something on the internet.

He tweeted:

While I was looking forward to sharing a message of hope and Christ's unconditional love with the faithful members of the historic…First Baptist Church of Dallas in April, due to new information that has been brought to my attention, I have decided to cancel my upcoming appearance. I will continue to use the platform God has blessed me with to bring Faith, Hope and Love to all those needing a brighter day. Thank you for all of your love and support. God Bless!

Comments

1. Fahd says

Aren’t his fifteen minutes over yet? Yes, I would kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

There are many cuter backup quarterbacks (e.g. Brady Quinn) who deserve a lot more of the public’s attention than this knee dropper.

2. e.c. says

If his attitude is genuine it’s refreshing to see a Christian who actually realizes that Christ’s message was about love and inclusiveness, not 101 ways to hate your neighbor.

3. Cam says

What a shock for him that First Baptist in TX was bigote. Sounds more like his publicist told him his fifteen minutes were running out and he needed to be smart and not associate with bigots openly.

4. Lock says

Translation:- It’s been pointed out to me that my playing days are ephemeral . If I continue to be associated with rabid f*ckwits like Robert Jeffress my future earning potential will be likewise

5. Tom T-Bone says

He has reportedly said that he is cancelling the current planned engagement for ‘personal and professional reasons’ , but that he would like to appear at the church at a future date.

I’m going to pretend to be optimistic here: maybe this thick-skulled chunk of narrowly averted abortion-ugly will surprise everyone and speak to the bigots about the importance of loving one’s neighbor, of tolerance and of inclusivity. I, for one, would pay to see the brick that Jefress would $hit if Tebow punked him and his so-called ‘church’ like that. Effin’ priceless.

6. thom says

This “pastor” is typical North Texas bigotry which has existed for as long as I can remember. Just a huckster being paid handsomely to say just the things that his flock wants to hear.It is a disease. They all say the same things with the same obnoxious twang. They aren’t Christians. Not in my book.If any of you attend this temple of hate Church, I pray for you. Seriously.

7. BigBullRider says

I heard the “pastor” broadcasting today that with our without Tebow, they will continue their month-long celebration of their new $130 MILLION facility. WHO THE FRAK needs a $130 million church facility? Even in Dallas. Oh, the starving children they could feed…..