Ben Carson | Evangelical Christians | JAmes Dobson | Radio | Radio [1] | Religion

Ben Carson: Same-Sex Marriage Is A 'Finger-In-Your-Eye To God' - LISTEN

Anti-gay activist Ben Carson joined James Dobson on Family Talk Radio last week to discuss pro-LGBT pastors, reports Right Wing Watch. Ben carson

In a bizarre exchange, Dobson, who argued that bisexual people “have sex with males and females at the same time,” said:

“If men can marry and if the things that are said about same-sex relationships and marriage and the Bible are misunderstandings, what do you do with the rest of LGBT? What do you do with bisexuality? If one of those is right and proper and holy, what about those who have sex with males and females at the same time? That’s called orgies, that’s what it used to be called, or just sleeping around with everybody and it doesn’t matter. How can a Christian minister who reads the Bible condone that?”

Agreeing with Dobson, Carson argued that same-sex marriage is offensive to God:

“Well, you know, my emphasis is that marriage is an institution established by God himself...So when you start distorting that, you’re really going pretty deep into the finger-in-your-eye to God. That’s why I have a hard time understanding why ministers are willing to do that.”

Last month, English comedian Russell Brand made a video criticizing Carson's homophobic views.

Listen to the exchange between Carson and Dobson, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Well, you know, my emphasis is that marriage is an institution established by God, himself.....So when you start distorting that, you're really going pretty deep into the finger-in-your-eye to God"

Well, given that 72% of the black babies born in the US last year were to fatherless households, I guess black men, the good Reverend's peer group, have just about poked old God's eyes completely out by now.....between shooting and stabbing each other.....

Posted by: Rick | Aug 2, 2014 1:22:35 PM

2. The Bible is so wide of the mark about the Great Mystery behind life that no evangelical can even begin to grasp it. Such a man's pronouncements can thus ony be grossly mistaken.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 2, 2014 1:23:41 PM

3. Hey, Ben Carson! I've got a finger especially for you. Guess which one it is.

Posted by: Michael | Aug 2, 2014 1:24:17 PM

4. "...finger in the eye...". All I could think of was The Three Stooges. Makes much more sense.

Posted by: Geoff | Aug 2, 2014 1:38:31 PM

5. It seems god has more hateful, spiteful, mean spirtied spokes persons these days. They don't seem to want to feed, clothe, house the poor, the defenseless or do anything towards justice or peace anymore. They seem only concerned about how to control the lives of others in an abberent, sociopahtic manner.

Posted by: Greg | Aug 2, 2014 1:38:46 PM

6. Seems ol' Ben here is worth upwards of $10 million. And as we all know what Jesus said:

And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Guess he's screwed.

Posted by: TBD | Aug 2, 2014 1:46:39 PM

7. Nutty, religious man speaks about marriage equality and I hear: "Wah wah wah wah, wah wah, wah wah wah wah, wah wah..."

Posted by: Johnny | Aug 2, 2014 1:54:50 PM

8. Dear Republican Party: Please, please, please run Ben Carson as your nominee. I need a good sitcom to watch.

Posted by: Princely | Aug 2, 2014 2:03:23 PM

9. Also, @RICK, that 72% isn't for 'fatherless households'. Its stated (by the CDC) as for 'unmarried mothers', which doesn't exactly state the household is 'fatherless'. If you're going to make this about race, get your facts tight.

Posted by: Princely | Aug 2, 2014 2:10:41 PM

10. He really throws a wrench in the whole idea of "brain surgeon" being synonymous with intelligence.

Posted by: woody | Aug 2, 2014 2:15:21 PM

11. Has he looked in a mirror lately? That's the "finger in God's eye"

What's that saying from Matthew 7:3? "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Posted by: woodroad34 | Aug 2, 2014 2:19:14 PM

12. I would never have heard of this guy if his drivel wasn't repeated here.

Posted by: Ken | Aug 2, 2014 2:29:54 PM

13. More like a shot. But it stops burning in a few minutes Ben.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Aug 2, 2014 2:59:53 PM

14. Ben Carson sees himself as "proper and holy"?!
    He sees himself as a mouthpiece for "God"?!

I wonder what version of hell he belongs in.

Posted by: Debase | Aug 2, 2014 3:15:59 PM

15. OMG, a bigoted,relig fundie,who is also a brain surgeon? HMMM,next he'll mandate lobotomys for all lbgts...jeese

Posted by: codyj | Aug 2, 2014 3:24:18 PM

16. And we're supposed to believe that an ALL POWERFUL god, doesn't have the power to remove the finger, if he doesn't want it there? Or that this same god needs Ben Carson to speak for him?

Posted by: Mona | Aug 2, 2014 3:30:15 PM

17. too bad for uncle ben there's no credible evidence for anything supernatural--much less for the barbaric totalitarian sky deity of the bible.

people need to stand up and challenge our politicians when they indulge in this kind of bible babble.

Posted by: ascanius | Aug 2, 2014 3:52:53 PM

18. Dear, that's not my finger.

Posted by: Randy | Aug 2, 2014 4:08:27 PM

19. If God didn't want fingers in eyes, he wouldn't have made them so pokey. I know some will disagree with me, but this is just how I feel deep down, and that's how I know I'm right.

Posted by: JJ | Aug 2, 2014 4:10:22 PM

20. Ben Carson is an ignorant, ignorant man. I wouldn't let him operate on me if he was the last option between me and death...

Posted by: Robert M. | Aug 2, 2014 4:16:22 PM

21. My gut reaction to all this kind of vitriol is, "And...?"

I mean I can't argue that homosexuality doesn't go against his definition of Christianity and righteousness, so why bother?

The fact is there are a thousand different denominations in America, and most people agree the only way this country works is if none of them get to define things.

Posted by: jerza | Aug 2, 2014 4:37:34 PM

22. It's funny when these so-called "christians" keep arguing about marriage and religion yet not once in any of the marriage equality cases that have been brought forward has either the bible or god even been mentioned as a reason to stop marriage equality. Quite simply they know it's not a valid argument.

Posted by: Craig | Aug 2, 2014 4:44:06 PM

23. when did his god begin working at the courthouse? gay marriage is about local, state, and federal law, not religianity.

you, your minister's followers, and your invisible friend can personally define marriage however your cult-like organizations prefer, but when it comes to american law books, hands off! fingers & eyes, too...

Posted by: northalabama | Aug 2, 2014 5:35:52 PM

24. It is too bad that Mr. Carson can't take a sex education class and have someone put a finger in his eye so that when he does spout his dribble, at least some of it might be factual.....bisexuals, orgies and having sex with males and females doesn't even make sense even for someone as ignorant as Carson.......He is supposed to be a retired doctor.....but maybe he missed the class on bisexuals that day............

Posted by: Bernie | Aug 2, 2014 6:17:37 PM

25. So what's so wrong with fingering god. My BF often says "oh god" when I finger him so I guess this guy has a point.

Posted by: Terry | Aug 2, 2014 7:35:19 PM