Fashion Men | Grooming | News | Yoko Ono

BigGayDeal.com

Yoko Ono's Make-Up Tips for Men: VIDEO

Ono

Yoko Ono created a typically Onoesque video for fashion label Opening Ceremony called "Make-up Tips for Men" in which she directs you to adopt a rainbow shine and a sparkling outlook.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

YOKO ONO "Make-Up Tips For Men" from Opening Ceremony on Vimeo.

Comments

1. I'd have a sparkling outlook too, if I had her money. CORRECTION: If I had John Lennon's money.

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 18, 2013 10:44:50 AM

2. Must be too hip for me. I don't get it. I don't get it at all.

Posted by: Dolly | Mar 18, 2013 12:31:50 PM

3. She was a fairly well-known artist before she married John Lennon

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Mar 18, 2013 12:44:26 PM

4. @Grover,

You saying with a straight face she didn't profit mightily from John Lennon's estate?

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 18, 2013 1:28:13 PM

5. @ratbastard,

How do you extract "she didn't profit mightily from John Lennon's estate" from "she was a fairly well-known artist before she met John Lennon"?

Posted by: Andy | Mar 18, 2013 1:51:40 PM

6. she is an artist and musician in her own right no matter what bratbastard spews.

Posted by: don't a tell la | Mar 18, 2013 2:29:51 PM

7. Sadly, many people try to diminish Yoko Ono by saying she tagged onto John Lennon's fame.

Yoko was extremely well-known in Europe and in Japan for her work, long before John met her - which, BTW, happened at one of her best-attended exhibitions. She actually was less well-known for her art AFTER she got together with John Lennon and it took her a long time to get back to the level she had attained before they were a couple.

Posted by: johnny | Mar 18, 2013 3:13:11 PM

8. ... i want some of those rainbow pills.

Posted by: johnny | Mar 18, 2013 3:16:10 PM

9. Cool and fresh - I like. Ms Ono rocks.

Posted by: Max | Mar 18, 2013 4:42:57 PM

10. Yoko has acted as Lennon's business manager since the mid 70s. He gave her a blank check because he was quite uninterested in daily business negotiations. And that explains why there is an estate today.

Posted by: onovox | Mar 18, 2013 5:34:54 PM

11. Yoko's poetry > John's poetry

You can always count on ratbastard to dig into the most obvious misogyny at the earliest opportunity. I'm amazed even 20 minutes elapsed between the post and his comment.

Posted by: AdamA | Mar 18, 2013 5:50:19 PM

12. She was his f***ing wife. To whom else should his estate have gone, you woman-hating c***?!

Posted by: D.R.H. | Mar 18, 2013 7:17:49 PM

13. Her "Kiss Kiss Kiss" hasn't aged one bit. Nor does it date. It segues well with Maroon 5 or Black Flag or Blur or Katy Perry or The Clash or even The Jam's 'Batman' or the Hawaii Five O theme. Except for doing some stuff Rauschenberg has already done, she was way ahead of her time in the 60s and people just had a tough time catching up.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Mar 18, 2013 10:11:03 PM

14. LOL, I DON'T CARE IF SHE INHERITED HIS CASH! OF COURSE SHE WAS HIS WIFE!

I made a simple, trivial snark about her 'sparkling outlook' comment and said I'd have a 'sparkling outlook' if I had her money, correction her dead husband's John Lennon's money. You're all smoking crack of you don't think the bulk of her wealth relates to her dead husband's career, afar more commercially successful artist than her.

I understand many on here dislike me and will automatically zero in on my posts. OK, but lighten the F up. You all sound like you suffer from Aspergers or something.

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 18, 2013 10:30:36 PM

15. @D.R.H.,

Woman hating [censored C-word]? You need to adjust your meds, and get new material. You're 'progressive' talking points are very dated and lame.

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 18, 2013 10:34:02 PM

16. Yay for Yoko! I love her so :D

Posted by: GBM | Mar 18, 2013 10:57:20 PM

17. For the record, she did NOT need John's money. She came from a wealthy family in Japan, whom, I believe disowned her over her romance with Mr. Lennon. Come to think of it, she really may have needed it, but it does not matter, since she was his legal bride. Most estates transfer to the surviving spouse upon death, unless otherwise instructed. I feel badly for Julian. He was the one gyped out of a father.

Posted by: millerbeach | Mar 19, 2013 4:42:41 AM